epilogue

"911 what's your emergency?" the operator spoke.

"i— uh, a boy named eben is about to burn this whole mental facility down in ten minutes." jonah cut straight to the point, receiving shocked looks from the boys.

"what is your location?"

"beverly hills psychiatric hospital. i don't know the true address." jonah spoke as he but his fingernails.

"alright, we have policemen as well as firefighters on their way. they should be there in less than five minutes. in the mean time, do you have any other information?"

"the boy's name is eben frankewitz."

"alright. stay on the line with me until they get there okay?"

"okay."

jonah looked around the room. the boys looked scared. daniel and corbyn holding onto jack's hands.
he watched as zach's nose began to twitch as if he were smelling something.

"uh, guys? i can smell smoke. i think we need to get out of here." zach stood up, speaking rapidly.

"alright, come on guys." jonah spoke.

the five boys rushed out of their room. corbyn running back in to grab his bear.

the group ran to the lobby, the smell of a fire getting worse. guards were pushing people out the door.

jonah, zach, jack, daniel, and corbyn then ran out as well. they made their way to the curb, far enough away from the burning hospital.

"so much for being here in under five minutes." jonah spoke lowly.

corbyn gripped jack's hand harder as he watched the whole building burn up in flames, engulfing the entire hospital.

corbyn whistled lowly as he began to tear up, thinking about everyone who could still be in there.

finally, the firefighters came. they flooded the building with water, but the fire wouldn't budge.

daniel gasped and pointed to a third floor window. the group followed his finger to the window, looking inside.

inside the window, eben stood with a lighter in his hands.

"it was him the entire time. eben did all of this."