13

"corbyn?" daniel asked from outside his room door.

"w-what?" corbyn sniffled.

"do you wanna come to my room with everyone?" daniel asked, hoping for a yes.

"sure." corbyn opened the door.

corbyn silently walked down the hall to daniel's room. as he walked in, he was immediately met by jack, zach, and jonah.

"hey corbyn." zach smiled sadly.

"having a rough day zach?" asked corbyn as he sat down.

zach simply nodded in return and corbyn muttered a small 'i'm sorry.'

"here corbyn, wanna play my guitar while i play fortnite with zach? he brought his game over and i didn't want you to be bored."

"i thought you didn't like video games." a light whistle falling from corbyn's lips.

"i thought i'd give it a try."

"oh, well okay. thank you." corbyn hiccuped.

"are your tics that bad today?" asked daniel, curiosity filling his voice.

"they're not that bad— hiccup— i don't think." corbyn chuckled as he picked up the guitar.

daniel smiled as he turned back to zach, ready to start the game.

corbyn started singing as he began to play one of his favorite songs; 'in my head' by peter manos.

"i know it's not the same
but i feel it anyway
tell me if that's okay
no, i'll be on my own way
should've know now i'll feel insane
am i insane?"

corbyn sang with his heart. the lyrics felt all too real to him.

"i've waited way too long
yeah, I know you've changed
you have a different face to me
i guess that I was wrong
i'm the one to blame
and that's a shame, you see"

"yes!" zach yelled as he won, scaring corbyn in the process, causing him to drop daniel's guitar onto the wood floor.

corbyn immediately picked up the guitar, seeing a crack down the backside of the guitar.

corbyn gasped as daniel looked at him.

bouncing his leg up and down, corbyn spoke nervously.

"i'm so sorry dani, i didn't mean it, i swear—"

"corbyn, what the hell!?" jonah yelled, interrupting corbyn's apologies.

"jonah, calm down, i have another guitar." daniel attempted to soothe jonah.

"no! this isn't okay! you just broke his guitar!" jonah yelled once again.

that was the thing. jonah could be set off by anything, no matter the size or problem. you just have to be careful around him.

"open up!" yelled security outside the door, hearing the noise from down the hallway.

jonah's face immediately turned to fear. shaking his head, jonah cried.

"no. don't let them take me."

"i won't let them." daniel spoke as he blocked the door.

jack and zach watched everything unfold, the guards breaking into the room and taking jonah away from them. everything.

"he did it again." corbyn looked down as he hiccuped.

"he promised."