26

nurse maggie made her way into the food court where all of corbyn's friends sat. in her eyes, the table looked empty and dull without the blonde. she could tell that the others felt that way also.

"hello nurse maggie, how is he?" spoke daniel.

"who?" asked jonah confusingly.

nurse maggie sat down next to eben as she responded.

"he's talking about corbyn, dear. but, he's doing okay. take a look at this picture." nurse maggie smiled as she pulled out her phone.

she turned her phone around to show the picture of corbyn cuddled up with the bear.

"he didn't think i'd come back after i left the bear on his bed. he told that he was nineteen and didn't need it." nurse maggie explained as the others cooed at the picture.

"anyways. corbyn told me some things that i don't think you guys knew." she spoke as she slipped her phone into her pocket.

"now, eben. i know how you are and you're a very flirty person—" she spoke as eben nodded.

"— but i'm gonna need you to stop being that way towards corbyn. i know it's very hard, but i need you to try your best. will you do that for me?" she asked.

eben nodded slightly as daniel spoke timidly.

"what did he tell you?"

"well, i'm not sure if he wants me to tell you this, but i'll tell you anyway so he doesn't have to. basically, around three years ago, some guys came up to him and did the same thing. they were very touchy and i guess the way eben was acting, he got scared."

"did anything else happen to him?"

"no, luckily his friend was able to stop them."

there was a brief moment of silence at the table until eben broke it.

"can you tell him i'm sorry?"

"i will once i check back up on him. right now he's trying to get some rest. that memory was tough on him."

"i'm sure it was— is it alright if we go to his room?" asked jonah.

"sure, be careful not to wake him up. he might be embarrassed to be seen with a teddy bear." nurse maggie laughed.

"alright, thank you."

"anytime, boys."