11

over the next few days, the boys had been taking exams. not school exams, but mental health tests. these tests are taken at the end of every month to see if you have been improving.

these tests also last three days, meaning the boys hadn't seen each other in that time.

finally, the tests were over and they were all able to meet in the food court.

corbyn, being the last one to get there, had been told to stay late for the results of his exams.

he had been told that he was getting worse. corbyn didn't believe that, as he had only been at the hospital for four days.

"hey corbyn." jonah smiled.

"hi." he simply spoke.

"what's wrong?" asked daniel, who was gripping onto jack's hand.

"the nurses told me i'm getting worse. i've been here for only four days! how could they even tell?" corbyn exclaimed, his arms flailing.

"what did they say has gotten worse? is it just because of your panic attack the other day?" jack asked.

"no, they said that my tics have been getting worse— fuck you!— sorry." corbyn blushed.

"maybe that's the reason." jack chuckled lightly.

"we'll be right back." zach said as daniel and jonah followed zach to the vending machine.

"i don't understand. that rarely ever happens though, jack."

"well, i don't know t—" jack began staring.

"jack? are you going to finish your sentence?" corbyn asked.

as jack continued staring at nothing, corbyn began getting worried.

"j-jack? are you okay?" corbyn's fingers snapped.

"um, jack? hello?" corbyn waved his hands in front of his face.

once jack didn't flinch or even blink, corbyn got up and ran to daniel.

"daniel! i was talking to jack and he just started staring. what do i do?" corbyn spoke swiftly, being followed by a whistle.

"shoot." daniel spoke as he ran to the table.

now sitting up straight, seemingly looking around for the boys, jack was fine.

"jack? you okay?" asked daniel softly.

"yeah, why?" jack asked confusingly.

"you were uh, just staring at nothing. you scared me." corbyn whispered as he looked down.

"oh. uh, yeah. i guess my medicine hasn't been working lately." jack scratched his head.

"jack, you have to tell the nurse that you're having seizures again." daniel spoke sternly.

"whatever, i'll be back." jack sighed.

"at least it wasn't anything big."