18

the next day in the food court was oddly quiet. zach hadn't been in the food court with his best friends, but overall, it was lousy day.

it was so silent in the food court, that the only things that could be heard was the small pitter-patter of rain on the window and some quiet whispers of other tables.

daniel walked in, head low, bags under his eyes, and eyes watery. he slouched next to jack, grabbing onto his best friend's hand.

"what's wrong, daniel?" asked jack, the pad of his thumb gently rubbing daniel's knuckles.

two whistles were heard from across the table as daniel looked up, ready to speak to jack.

daniel's teary eyes met jack's hypnotic brown ones.

"zach's not doing well." he spoke bluntly.

"what do you mean? he was fine yesterday—" corbyn interrupted.

"he attempted to overdose last night." daniel spoke once again.

jonah and jack's faces showed nothing but shock. corbyn however, was confused. he was trying to take everything in. everything was too much for him.

earlier this morning, corbyn was told that he would be in this facility for at least three years and that his tics will be significantly worse. to make everything worse, his best friend attempted suicide and he didn't know what to make of it.

corbyn snapped and whistles rapidly as jack and daniel spoke about zach's condition.

"is— is zach going to get— fuck you!— uh, better soon?" corbyn spoke softly, a tic interrupting his sentence.

"he'll be in therapy for most of today." jack replied.

"oh." corbyn spoke sadly.

"don't worry corbs, he'll be better." jonah soothed.

"are you sure?" corbyn's eyes became glossy. the sight of corbyn crying made daniel want to cry. he was so fragile; they both were.

corbyn whistled as jonah places his arm around corbyn's shoulder.

"i promise he'll be better soon."

"you promise?" he hiccuped.

"i pinky promise." jonah smiled as he connected his pinky with corbyn's.

"i trust you."