19

"zach?" corbyn spoke softly as he walked into zach's room.

zach was laying down on his bed, one hand behind his head, and one resting on his chest.

"corbyn? you're not allowed to be in here, you'll get in trouble—"

"it's fine, zach. i wanted to make sure you were okay." corbyn's mouth twitched as he snapped.

"well, i could be better." zach replies as he closed his eyes once again.

after a brief moment of silence, corbyn decided speak up again, hiccuping a few times as he began.

"why?" he picked at his bracelet on his wrist. a bracelet that his sister had gotten for him just before he came to the facility.

"why what?" zach asked.

"why did you— try it? why did you try and overdose?"

"i— i don't know corbyn." zach spoke quickly, not expecting corbyn's mood suddenly change.

corbyn's tone was harsh. this was something that was out of his comfort zone, his normal tone usually being shy and soft.

"you didn't know? how zach? you know, you really had me scared back there. i didn't think you would make it. i had never had anybody do that in my life and i didn't know how to react, zach. please don't do it again zach, please." corbyn cried as he neared the end of his sentence, his body shaking as he sobbed.

"i'm— i'm sorry corbyn. in fact, i was happy for most of the day. just— last night, my mood totally dropped and i— i don't know why. but, corbyn you've gotta calm down bud." zach sat up, caressing corbyn's back.

corbyn sucked in a long breath, trying to get air into his lungs. his body shook hard as he continued to sob. the more he shook, the more pain he was given.

"zach, it hurts. please make it stop." corbyn hiccuped. he wasn't able to snap his hands. he had to tic, but his body wasn't letting him.

"corbyn, you've gotta calm down, alright?"

"i can't zach, i'm scared." corbyn sobbed once more. his breathing quickened, he felt dizzy.

grabbing the black wall phone from next to his bed, zach pressed a button that would alert the nurses that something was wrong.

almost one minute later, nurses came running into the room, accompanied by the three boys zach called his best friends. they must have heard all of the nurses and wanted to see what happened.

the nurses immediately went to corbyn, trying everything in their power to get him to stop crying. corbyn wouldn't stop, he was scared because he couldn't breathe, not being able to understand at the moment that he had to stop in order to get his breathing back to normal.

the nurses put an oxygen mask over his face. corbyn, not immediately knowing what it was, did everything to try and pry it off, but the nurses held it down.

jonah, daniel, and jack ran to corbyn's side, hugging him and telling him that everything would be okay; but it wasn't.

"it hurts!" corbyn yelled as he tried desperately to snap his fingers or he shake his leg. he wasn't even able to shrug his shoulders.

"shh, you've gotta stop crying and try and breath, corbs. in through your nose, out through your mouth." jack soothed.

after around five minutes, corbyn finally stopped shaking and crying. nobody said anything as they watched corbyn slowly calm down.

the only thing that could be heard was corbyn's heavy breathing, snapping, and whistling.

the nurses eventually left, allowing the guys to be in with zach, even though they technically weren't allowed to yet.

"are you okay, corbyn?" daniel asked timidly.

"tired." corbyn mumbled as he closed his eyes.

corbyn had been sobbing uncontrollably for over an hour and a half, it had tired him out completely.

"why don't you just sleep in here and later, i'll come back in and bring you to your room?" asked jonah.

corbyn did nothing, but nod.

"or we could bring him in now and we  could stay in there with him." jack spoke.

"what about zach? he's not allowed to leave."

"i'm sure we can figure something out."