10

finally, the boys were all gathered into zach's room, ready to play fortnite. well, not all of them.

daniel has never found an interest in video games. he'd rather play music or draw.

daniel was sitting on top of zach's bed, which surprisingly wasn't being occupied by the others.

a guitar sat steadily in his hand as he began strumming a soft tune. this helped to calm his nerves, being deep into the music.

"what song are you playing? it sounds good." corbyn smiled shyly as he sat down next to daniel.

"uh, it's actually one of my own."

"you write songs?"

daniel nodded simply as corbyn spoke again, being curious about daniel's abilities.

"yeah, sometimes. do you?" daniel mentally cursed himself for asking the question. it was stupid question knowing that not all people play instruments.

"i do actually." corbyn smiled.

"really? that's not what i was expecting at all." daniel chuckled as he shook his head.

"what did you think i did?"

"no offense, but if i didn't know you, i'd think you spend your free time studying the stars." daniel spoke.

corbyn stayed silent as he shyly smiled, looking down at his feet, trying not to laugh. a soft giggle left his mouth as he whistled right after.

"you do, don't you!" daniel exclaimed.

corbyn nodded as his fingers snapped.

"i may or may not h—" corbyn hiccuped before speaking again.

"—have a book about stars in my room."

"you're such a nerd." daniel spoke as he went back playing his guitar.

a familiar tune being played by daniel's guitar pulled corbyn out of his thoughts. realizing what song it was, corbyn began softly singing.

"she's falling in love now, losing control now. fighting the truth, trying to hide—"

daniel glanced up, still playing the guitar as the two boys harmonized.

"—but i think it's alright girl, yeah i think it's alright girl. ooh."

corbyn continued to sing the song, being too deep into it to realize that daniel had joined in at some parts. neither corbyn or daniel had realized the other boys had paused their game to listen to the two.

"yeah i think it's alright girl. ooh." the two boys finished.

corbyn opened his eyes as he heard the others clapping. his eyes turned their gaze to his lap as he whistled softly.

"you guys were amazing! i didn't know you could sing." jonah smiled, the other boys agreeing.

"is nobody going to point out the fact that corbyn didn't tic that whole time he was singing?" asked zach.

"being so into the song just doesn't let it happen, i guess." corbyn spoke softly as he rubbed up and down his arm.

"you guys are adorable together." jack teased.

"we're not a couple, jack." daniel spoke bitterly.

"mhmm. okay."