32

as corbyn hung up the phone, he sat in silence. not knowing what to do, corbyn placed his phone under his mattress and walked over to his mirror.

fixing up his hair slightly, corbyn then walked out of the room. he made his way into the food court where he saw his four best friends.

"hey loser." daniel teased.

"hey—" corbyn hiccuped before he could respond.

"nevermind." he chuckled.

"did your sister answer?" jonah asked.

"yup." corbyn smiled.

"what did you guys talk about?" asked daniel.

"quit being nosy, won't ya?" jack nudged daniel.

corbyn chuckled as he spoke. "we talked about my bear, thank you very much." he shook his head after speaking.

"i think you're a little too attached to that bear." zach laughed.

"no i'm not." corbyn whined.

"yes you are." zach responded in the same mocking tone.

"you're rude today."

a brief silence took over the table as corbyn watched jack trying to get daniel to eat. reluctantly, daniel at a few baby carrots.

corbyn smiled as his thoughts drifted to the day they would all get out of here. he didn't know when that would be, but he couldn't wait.

"corbyn?" jack asked, knocking corbyn out of his thoughts.

"huh?"

"are you okay?"

"yeah, just thinking." corbyn responded, a light whistle leaving his lips.

"thinking about what?"

"the day we all leave."