22

"come on, daniel. you'll be fine."
corbyn tried to convince daniel to go sit at the table.

daniel shook his head as he fidgeted with his fingers. corbyn whistled before speaking.

"daniel, it's okay. i'll hold your hand. you don't have to sit next to him either— i will." corbyn hesitated.

"fine." daniel muttered quietly, grabbing onto corbyn's hand tightly.

corbyn's fingers snapped on the way there, hoping that when he introduces himself, a tic doesn't occur.

corbyn led daniel to the table as he sat next to the new boy.

"hey baby." the boy whispered into corbyn's ear.

corbyn involuntarily, yet inaudibly whimpered as he moved closer to daniel. corbyn gripped onto daniel's hand.

"hey corbyn, hey daniel. jonah smiled.

"hi." both spoke quietly.

"who's this?" asked daniel, motioning to the boy.

"that's eben."

corbyn said nothing but looked down at his lap.

"so baby, wanna come back to my room?" eben leaned closer.

"fuck me!" corbyn yelled.

"i— uh, sorry. i didn't mean that. you see, i have tourettes and— that's one of my tics. i didn't actually mean it." corbyn spoke swiftly, mentally cursing himself out for having that tic.

"well, i'd gladly do it." eben spoke, obviously not hearing anything besides corbyn's tic.

"get him away from me." corbyn whispered as he cuddled into daniel's side.

this new kid was worse than he thought. everything wasn't going to be alright, this was hell.

"oh, come on corbyn. he's just like the rest of us. he can't help what he has." jonah spoke, his face turning to anger.

"alright, calm down jonah." jack spoke, his voice seemingly being able to calm him down.

"yeah, baby, i can't help it." eben spoke with a smirk.

eben reaches over to corbyn, grabbing his hand.

"i can't do this." a whistle following corbyn's sentence along with a few hiccups.

corbyn walked out of the food court, running his hands through his already messy hair. daniel and jack followed swiftly after him.

jack and daniel found corbyn sitting up against the wall near the water fountain in the hallways. he had his head in his hands as he let out low whistles.

jack and daniel sat down next to the boy before jack started talking.

"are you okay, corbs?" jack caressed daniel's back.

corbyn shook his head.

"you know, he really can't help it."

"yeah, i get that, but— i don't like it. it reminds me too much of— nevermind."

"what does it remind you of?"

"i'll tell you another day, i'm going back to my room."