06

daniel woke up this morning in his usual happy state of mind. he skipped over to his closet, putting on a nice pair of joggers and a t-shirt.

daniel brushed his teeth as he went to his room door, not bothering to brush his hair.

daniel trotted into the food court as he walked over to his table. in his seat next to jack, was an unknown boy he had never seen before.

daniel fidgeted with his fingers as he mentally fought with himself, deciding if he should go and sit with everyone.

daniel popped back into reality, realizing that he was now at the table where all of his friends sat. well, most.

daniel took a seat in between jonah and jack as he immediately grabbed jack's hand; something he always did when he was nervous. it helped him calm down.

"hey daniel." jack smiled as his eyes flickered from their hands to daniel's eyes.

"hi." daniel muttered softly.

hearing a soft whistle coming from the other side of jack, daniel's head popped up in confusion.

"oh! daniel, this is corbyn. corbyn, this is daniel." jack spoke.

"uh, hi." daniel looked down.

"hello d— hiccup — daniel. sorry." corbyn blushed in embarrassment.

"do you have the hiccups?" daniel asked curiously.

"no, uh actually, i have tourettes. hiccuping is one of my tics." corbyn's nose scrunched.

"hey, isn't that daniel's seat?" asked jonah.

"um, me? oh. i didn't know, i'm sorry daniel—"

"you think you can just come and sit anywhere?" jonah stood up.

"hey, jonah, you need to calm down." jack stood up, releasing daniel's hand.

daniel never liked jonah's outbursts. it reminded him the yelling at home.

jonah slammed his fists on the table, causing daniel to flinch at the noise.

"jonah, stop. you're gonna scare the kid." jack tried to soothe.

"no. this fucking kid thinks he can come and join any table he wants!" jonah yelled.

security guards came rushing over to jonah. they cuffed him, carrying him away.

"i'm sorry!" jonah yelled as he sobbed in the hands of the guards.

jack took his seat in between corbyn and daniel as he comforted the both of them.

he took daniel's hand in his as he looked over to corbyn.

"i'm sorry about him. just know that he didn't mean it."

corbyn nodded as he snapped his fingers a few times.

"it's fine." he smiled weakly.

"as for you dani, you know jonah, he wouldn't do anything to hurt you." jack soothed the sniffling boy.

"i know."