17

jonah slowly followed behind nurse maggie to her office. as he followed, his mind swarmed with thoughts, he didn't even notice he was inside the back room of her office until he heard the door shut.

"w-what's this place?" jonah asked. he had never seen this room.

"this is where i take my patients for evaluation, just in case they don't want to see the actual doctors." nurse maggie smiled before speaking once again.

"why don't you take off your shirt, jonah?"

jonah shyly shook his head as he looked down.

"it's alright jonah, i just need to check out your back okay?" nurse maggie stepped a little closer; too close for comfort.

jonah bit his lip nervously as he took off his shirt. nurse maggie walked around to where she could see his back.

"oh my..." she muttered.

her hand ran over the cuts and bruises that littered his back.

"alright jonah. i'm just going to put neosporin on the cuts and you can go."

"this won't hurt, right?" jonah spoke.

"no, not at all." she smiled as she wiped the transparent cream over his cuts.

"i'll walk you back to your room, but i'd wait to put your shirt on until the cream dries. i'm also going to talk to the staff and have them tell me their side."

jonah nodded as he took his shirt in his hand, nurse maggie leading him back to his room with the guys.

as jonah opened the door, the nurse leaving, he stumbled upon the guys singing together. knowing the song, jonah joined in.

"you're the reason that i lie awake."

putting the guitar down, daniel spoke.

"what did she say?"

"she said that she'd talk to the staff. other than that, she just put neosporin over the cuts."

"that's all?!" jack spoke up.

"yeah, i mean, what else is she supposed to do?"

"she could—"

daniel walked over to jack, rubbing his shoulders to soothe him.

"something else has to be done."

"nothing can be done."