07

the three guys have been sitting at the same table in the food court for just over an hour, waiting for their friend to come back.

in the mean time, jack was attempting to get daniel to eat.

"come on dani, just a bite. if you don't like it, you can spit it out."

"i don't want it." daniel replies, pushing the fork away.

"but you'll get better." corbyn whistled once he finished his sentence.

"fine." daniel groaned.

he took the strawberry and popped it into his mouth. he slowly chewed down on it before swallowing.

"there you go bud! you'll be better in no time!" jack celebrated.

the food court doors swung open as they saw their friend zach walk in.

zach came and sat down at the table.

"how was therapy?" daniel asked.

"eh, it was fine." zach's head came back up.

"who's this?" he asked as he pointed to corbyn.

corbyn's mouth twitched as he whistled once again.

"i'm corbyn. and— don't mind that— hiccup — or that, those were a few of my tics." corbyn's leg bounced as he explained.

"oh. well, i'm zach."

a brief silence took over before zach spoke once again.

"where's jonah?" he asked as he watched daniel take tiny bites from an apple.

"he, uh. he got mad at me and they took him. but um, where did they take him?" corbyn asked nervously, his leg continuing to bounce.

corbyn was confused. he watched as his leg didn't stop bouncing, telling him that this wasn't just a tic. he felt heaviness in his chest and he began to feel fear arising.

"they took him to a special room where he can't hurt himself or anyone." zach explained.

corbyn's eyes became glossy as he began to panic, not knowing what's  happening. it was all so sudden. he grabbed onto the closest thing he could;
jack's hand.

"you okay corbyn?" jack asked as he turned to face the panicking boy.

"no, i—i don't know what's happening. jack i'm scared, please help me." corbyn cried as he began to feel his breath shorten.

jack immediately pulled him into a hug, their chests touching.

"corbyn, you need to follow my breathing okay? you're gonna be okay."

corbyn nodded as he snapped his fingers, his shaking hands giving him painful tension through his tics.

jack knew how to help corbyn because of daniel. with daniel having extreme anxiety, jack has been with him during his attack's, knowing how to stop it.

"it hurts jack." corbyn whispered as he cried. his shaky hands still not allowing him to tic. this caused his hands pain.

"it's okay corbyn, you gotta calm down bud."

daniel got up and sat next to zach, holding his hand as he watched corbyn cry into the arms of jack.

daniel couldn't have been more grateful for jack. daniel now being able to see what it was like for jack to help corbyn, he realized that this is what jack did to help him.

corbyn finally stopped shaking, only small sniffles and occasional whistle could be heard.

"corbyn?"

corbyn nodded in jack's chest to show he was listening.

"why didn't you tell us that you had panic attacks?"

"i didn't know." corbyn looked up.

"you didn't know?"

corbyn shook his head.

"corbyn, you have to go tell a nurse. what hall are you in?"

"330-350"

"cool! that's the hall we're all in, so you have nurse maggie. come with me though, we have to go tell her."

"no." corbyn muttered, a hiccup following.

"corbyn, they have to give you medicine for it or it'll get worse. won't it daniel?" jack's asked.

"trust me, if you don't get medication for it, it'll only get so much worse form here. especially if the shaking is preventing your tics and causing you pain." daniel spoke softly as zach rubbed his shoulder.

corbyn looked down as he nodded.

"come on bub."