12

the next day, there was nothing special going on. the boys were in their rooms for most of the day, not seeing each other.

corbyn sat in his room, waiting for his mother to get off the phone with a client so that he could talk to her.

finally, he heard his phone ring.

"hi mom!" corbyn spoke into the phone. he hadn't talked to her or seen her since he had gotten here. although it's almost only been a week, corbyn had always hated being away from her.

"hello, sweetie. how is it there?" she smiled into the phone.

"it's okay. i've made a few friends, but i miss you." corbyn spoke quietly as he traced shapes on his comforter.

"that's great honey and i miss you too."

"mom?" corbyn softly asked after a brief silence fell over them.

"yes, corbyn?"

"when will i get to come home?" corbyn's lip quivered as he snapped his fingers.

"it was supposed to be sooner honey, but they don't know now that they've discovered a panic disorder. don't worry corbs, you'll be home soon."

corbyn had small tears going down his face as he thought about going home.

"mom? can you tell the others that i love them?"

"sure thing honey. i've gotta go now."
corbyn whistled in response, not being able to say anything. not wanting to let his mother see how weak he was without her.

"alright, corbs, i love you." his mother chuckled as she hung up the phone.

"i love you too, momma."