« 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 »

requested: no
scenario: park chaeyoung has been hurt so many times that her heart almost couldn't take it anymore. it was littered with scars but there was one spot that was still clean and pure — the spot where her best friend since the start of time claimed. and she hoped to god he wasn't like the rest.
pairing: song mino x park chaeyoung
genre: angst, heartbreak, eventual fluff
au: high school au
word count: 3,616 words
status: edited

 pairing: song mino x park chaeyounggenre: angst, heartbreak, eventual fluffau: high school auword count: 3,616 wordsstatus: edited

———————————————————

———————————————————

"the heart is the most hardworking muscle in your body. but when it's damaged, it's just like skin. it scars. and scar tissue can be very dangerous in a heart. it weakens it. and eventually, a heart full of scars stops working."
- meredith grey, grey's anatomy s14 e15

friend after friend, boy after boy. all of them seemed different but guess what? all the same. each have no respect for women in general, and break my heart like the last. maybe they were right. i shouldn't wear my heart on my sleeve.

but there was only one male i trusted. that male? song mino. i met him when i first came to korea and he tried his best to communicate with me in the little english he knew. i remembered giggling and trying to talk to him in korean, and we bonded from that. ah, those good times.

the good times when we didn't know the horrors of the real world, one of them being love. fucking. love.
'it's one of the best things you'll ever get to experience!' everyone told me the same shit, sugarcoating everything. even my own sister! someone i trusted to tell me the brutal truth no matter what.

you may be wondering, do i hate my family after all of that? no. i don't. i just wished they had told me the truth about love earlier, because now my life revolves around heartbreaks and falling into meaningless love. and i'm well aware i have a fragile heart, but i guess i don't care anymore. the scars in my heart will just accumulate.

"yah! park chaeyoung! why didn't you wait for me?" mino ran up to me, hand on my shoulder as he stopped to take a deep breath whilst panting.