« 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 »

requested: no lol
song: seasonal feathers by kagamine rin and len
scenario: one of the many variations of the japanese legend 'tsuru no ongaeshi' (crane's return of a favor), retold with rosé as the wife and baekhyun as the husband.
pairing: baekhyun x rosé, but their names aren't mentioned too much
genre: angst and a lil bit of fluff at the beginning
au: historical au
word count: 2,452 words
status: edited
a/n: it's implied that they're japanese
italics is song lyrics
bold is past events/flashback
there is also mentions of blood and (perhaps) implied character death.
also sorry if this was bad lol

——————————————————————

the powdery snow flutters down,
colouring the mountain ridge white
the two inside a run-down house in a desolate village
huddle together in the winter night

in the mountains lay a run-down house in an empty village. the house was far from luxurious; it was rather plain and old. the house was made of wood and was modest looking, with only one story and no electricity.

it seemed that in the village, there was only two people. in that run-down house that they loved dearly, they cuddled each other lovingly for warmth to survive through the bitter cold that awaited them outside. everywhere around them was covered in white, reminding them that winter had come to visit.

"it'd also been snowing the day we'd met,"
you murmured with a smile
and i'd hidden my face flushed from the hearth
within the shadow of your large sleeve

a man and a woman could be seen in the house. the man had a soft and reminiscent smile on his face as he hugged the ethereal-looking woman closely, as if he was afraid that if he let go she'd leave him forever.

"it'd also been snowing the day we met," he murmured to her, his smile never leaving his face.

a knock on the door echoed throughout the small home. baekhyun stood up from his seat and walked to the door, wondering who could possibly be knocking on his door at this hour and this time.