« 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 »

requested: yes
scenario: (inspired by seventeen's thanks) wonwoo and his bandmates we're performing at a concert. after the song was done, wonwoo surprised rose by proposing to her at the stage, live, while the other members of seventeen fanboyed. (she said yes btw)
pairing: wonwoo x rosé
genre: fluff, not-really-angst but has a crying scene
au: idolverse
word count: 954 words
status: unedited
a/n: swipe left on the image to get the song! (it's not a songfic but since it's inspired by a song so might as well)
this is super short jdwindhshe im so sorry

 (she said yes btw)pairing: wonwoo x roségenre: fluff, not-really-angst but has a crying sceneau: idolverseword count: 954 wordsstatus: unediteda/n: swipe left on the image to get the song! (it's not a songfic but since it's inspired by a song so ...

——————————————————————

this concert was like a dream. a beautiful beyond belief dream that i didn't think we'd be able to do. our carats were waving their lightsticks continuously, chanting our names like it was the only thing they knew.

the love of my life was seated backstage, watching probably just as joyously. my sweet chaeyoung, the gem of the music industry. everyone's favourite voice and my favourite face. we've been dating for 4 years now and the fans are very aware of it, as many were holding banners with both our faces on it and 'wonwoo ♡ rosé' at the bottom. we're so lucky our fans support us wholeheartedly.

the concert however was coming an end, which also signified the end of our world tour. we had an incredible time meeting so many new faces throughout the tour, all doing the same thing: cheering for us. this was our eighth year as a group and we performed like there was no tomorrow, all our hearts beating out of our chests.

"carats, our concert is coming to an end!" seungcheol pouted as they whined together in sync. we laughed at their synchronisation somehow being so well done, making it seem like they planned it beforehand.

"this will be our last song, so please sing along with us!" jeonghan grinned into the mic. as the song started, seungkwan nudged me.

"make sure to do it, yeah?" he winked and walked off, leaving me and mingyu.

"oh that's right, almost forgot about it." he chuckled. "i'm sure she'll accept."

"i hope so," i mumbled. "if she doesn't i don't know what i'll do."

"we won't either so you won't be alone," he pat my back. "now come on, let's go entertain the fans."

i nodded and proceeded to jump and dance around crazily, singing my parts and the chorus. the boys laughed at my ridiculous antics and the fans chuckled. this was so unlike me but i needed to do something to calm down my nerves, so what better way than to embarrass myself first?

"wonwoo hyung, what are you doing?" vernon snickered. "this is very unlike you."

"well it is our last concert," i shrugged. "why not?"

they shrugged it off but they knew why. i have no doubt that they're probably just anticipating that moment, and i am too. the nervousness is literally eating me alive and i was sweating bullets, but thank god i was onstage so one could take it as sweat from jumping around too much. my palms were sweaty as hell but at least they weren't very noticeable.

"and that's a wrap!" chan clapped his hands together excitedly.

"carat, thank you for attending! we have enjoyed every second we have with all of you, and all of you hold a special place in our hearts. you mean the world to us and we'd give anything to make you happy. carats, seventeen loves and cherished you!" seungcheol did the ending speech as we did our ending pose and bowed together, waving.

"wait, before all our carats leave, i want to do something." i brought the mic to my lips, shoving my free hand in my pocket. "chaeyoung-ah, come out."

the squeals of the fans were getting louder by the second, chanting our ship name. the boys stared at me knowingly, a grin on their faces.

"wonwoo?" she came to me clad in a pair of grey sweatpants and my sweater. "what's going on?"

"chaeyoung..." i started, looking her in the eyes. "i've loved you since the day i met you. you're the definition an angel, how you're so kind and considerate to everyone you meet even if you'll only see them once. you're too pure for this world, too pure for me. you're everything and anything i could've ask for, and you make my heart beat erratically and you give me the ride of my life. i feel like i'm floating whenever i'm with you, and whenever i kiss you it feels like we're the only ones in the world.

i'd also like to say thank you for being there for me even in my darkest times, even though you were far busier than me. thank you for loving me despite all my flaws, and thank you for being you. that is all i could've asked for from you, but you gave me everything. and even though i can't give you the world, i'll give you my heart and i pray that it's more than enough. i will give you everything i can offer, and i'll gladly sacrifice myself for you any day.

i've realised that the one person i want to spend my days with us you and it'll only be you.

my sweet, precious angel, roseanne park chaeyoung, will you do me the greatest honour and marry me?"

every second that passed felt like an eternity as i stood on one knee, watching as she wiped the tears in her eyes to compose herself.

"yes, oh my god, yes!" she threw her arms around me and hugged me tightly, sobbing into my shoulder. i kissed her cheek lovingly as i hoisted her up in the air, making sure that the hand that was holding the ring was safe.

"baby," i cooed. "let me put on the ring."

she sniffled and stuck out her hand, allowing me to slide the marvellous ring on. i could hear the crowds awes and cheers, the boys congratulating me. chaeyoung still clung onto me tightly but i didn't mind. she is my baby after all.

"i love you." she mumbled, kissing my neck softly. "i don't know what i'd do without you"

"i love you too." i kissed her cheek, caressing her hair. "and me neither."