-ten-

"Don't lie to me Tony. I've known you for 42 years. I know when you're lying."

  "Athena what do I have to do to convince you I'm not lying to you?"

  "Leave me alone Anthony."

  "No."

  "We aren't kids anymore Tony, don't argue with me."

  "Remember all those years ago when you almost ruined dad's interview and I took your doll?"

  "Of course, what does that have to do with anything?"

  "Star was your life, and I took it from you. You weren't mad-"

  "I was furious."

  "Don't interrupt me. No, you just wanted her back. That can be like now."

  "Nope. Try something else."

  "Okay... Remember when we established the Twin Code? That was that day."

  "Where is this going?"

  "The Twin Code states that you must always protect your twin no matter what and they are your best friend."

  "Talk to me when that's on paper."

  He reached into his pocket and pulled out a crumpled piece of paper with crayon words written on it.

  "T and T's Twin Code," he read aloud.

  "My god Tony. You went home and looked for that?"

  "Rule number one. Always protect your twin."

  "That's enough."

  "Rule number two, always have your twin's back."

  "I'm going to go now."

  "Rule number three, always listen to your twin and their worries."

  "I listened I just don't care!"

  "Should I keep going? There's.... 28 rules."

  "I get it Tony. I understand your concern.

  "Athena I'm scared for you."

  "You don't need to be. Let me live my life Tony. I'll call you if I need anything."
-
  I took a cab home, it was a quick drive so I wasn't too concerned. I loved Tony, but his whole being overprotective thing was so annoying. He doesn't understand that I'm not a kid anymore. I learned how to live alone as a kid, why is now any different?
-
  I got home and the Sun was beginning to set, the beautiful sunset taking over the blue sky. I was exhausted, talking to Tony often made me that way. It's been so much calmer living alone that I forgot how obnoxious Tony could be when he didn't get his way.
-
  Days went by and I woke up every single day, still alive. Nothing happened... and Tony had nothing to worry about. He didn't lie when he said he would call me all the time. My phone would ring in meetings, while cooking... even while getting dressed! He would not stop no matter what.
-
  I kept telling him over and over, I'm fine and not to worry. He almost had security guard stationed infront of my house. He was going insane and quite frankly, he was pissing me off. Ever since that day with the paparazzi I've been really easy to piss off.
-
  It's been hard, going back to work but it's easier when you're doing something you love. Whenever the word Africa came up, I cringed a little. I tried to hide my pain but deep down, I was horrified. I couldn't go back there, even my personal security refused to allow me to leave.
-
  Any meeting involving Africa I was advised not to go to. Anything involving my incident my team didn't want me exposed to. Everyone was treating me like I couldn't handle it, everyone was turning into Tony, I couldn't take it anymore.
---