-sixty two-

"Send them for a head CT and find me when the results are in."
"Right away, Doctor."
-
  I leaned on the nurses station ledge and sighed. There was still so much to do. All of the paperwork, to find out what's wrong with the agents. This day was never going to end. Ever. Pepper was running around taking statements from everyone. She looked almost as stressed as I did.
-
  I needed something stable, something that wasn't stressing me out. I decided to go check on Tony, he has a tendency for not waking up for a while, and I think he should still be under.
-
  I turned into the hallway his room was in and walked almost to the end of it. I made sure he had the best in the house. He deserved it. Well, he deserved the best for the situation he was in. I wonder what happened to everyone.
-
  A nurse walked out of his room and told me he was still asleep. I sighed and walked in. I checked his vitals and IV bags, everything was still good. They were taking good care of him and I was so grateful.
-
  I sat down in the chair next to his bed and grabbed his hand. He should be waking up soon, as bad as this may sound, I didn't want to be there when he woke up. I didn't want him to know it was me who helped him. I didn't want him to feel like he owed me anything, which he didn't.
-
A nurse brought me the CTs and I looked over them one by one. My god. They all had brain problems, only one caused from the accident. Well, two I guess. One was a ruptured aneurysm which I assumed ruptured on impact from an explosion.
-
Another had a slow brain bleed which appeared to have been going on for a while. Because of the stress of the mission, his blood pressure went up and expedited it. The third just had a concussion. I assume he had low blood sugar or high blood pressure. Something, but he was fine for now.
-
I had to get the other two into surgery right away. I could quickly clip the aneurysm, I've done hundreds of those. Which was more critical, the aneurysm or the intracranial hemorrhage? I could clip the aneurysm in an hour.
-
"Call the OR and prep for a craniotomy please."
-
  Clipping an aneurysm was the first solo neuro procedure I did as a senior resident. It was my first specialty. I started with neuro and then went on to general, cardiothoracic, paediatric, trauma and orthopaedic and finally plastics. I also practiced urology. I've spent the majority of my life in medical school if you couldn't tell.
-
  I loved school though, and I was... above average when it came to academics. It made learning multiple specialties easier. Now, I can help anyone with any problem. It all worked out. It's weird, Tony used his brain for science and understanding the world, and I used mine for understanding people.
-
  I scrubbed in and was ready to go. I didn't have a lot of time, no complications would be perfect right about now. I still had to repair the other man's hemorrhage, and it was only getting worse with time.
—-