-fifty four-

"Athena?"
"Hi Steve."
"What are you doing here?"
"I don't know, hey, uh, I've got to go," I turned and started to walk away.
"Hey wait!"
"I've got to go before Tony finds me."
"Why'd you do that? Friends don't just bail."
"I can't talk now."
"Athena!"
"Bye!"
-
I turned and ran out the door with Steve still calling after me. He's going to tell Tony, I'm positive.
-
I still haven't figured out why I was there in the first place.
-
Did I get too drunk or something? I can't remember anything. What day I got there, how I got there. Anything.
-
  I was running down the street, heels in hand, my hair a mess and wearing clothes from who knows when. I was a respected person at one point, now look at me. I'm a mess. I just hope people don't notice me.
-
  This was embarrassing. I was mortified. Is this who I've become?
-
  I've dedicated myself to business and being a role model and now I'm running through the busiest possible city looking like I'm on a walk of shame.
-
  "TINA!" Oh no.
  "NOT THE BEST TIME," I yelled back, still running.
  "COME BACK!"
"NO!"
-
I forgot how fast Steve was, he was running up beside me in like... 5 seconds.
-
I stopped. Steve slowed to a halt beside me and stared at me with those iconic sad Steve eyes.
-
"Why are you running?"
"Because I don't want to see you."
"Oh... very blunt. Haven't changed."
"What is it that you want? I'm trying to get home."
"Let me drive you at least, you look like a mess."
"Thanks. I'm fine to walk," I said as I started to walk away.
  "Stop!" He grabbed my arm.
  "Let go of me Rogers."
  "No."
  "Get your hand off of me."
  "Leave me alone!" I shrieked. People started to stare. 
  "Athena," he took a step towards me, "Just think for a minute."
  "I did."
-
  I slammed my fist down on his arm which loosened his grip on me. I grabbed the arm that held me and slammed it down on my knee.
-
  There was a huge crack and I knew I fractured his arm, if not broke it. Yeah, I felt bad but he brought this on himself.
-
  He clutched his injured arm and cursed under his breath, this was my chance to get away.
-
  I started sprinting away from him, I was only a few blocks away from my place. I got further than I thought.
-
  The last time I ran like this was on my high school track and cross county teams.
-
  Man, was I out of shape. Grade 12 me was so much more active and actually had time to exercise.
-
  When I was running, I realized something. I had to spend more time on myself.
-
  I should go on runs more, to the gym or spa or something. I had to focus on me.
-
  Being a high schooler was so much easier. You think it's hard but you realize how much easier life was in school.
-
  I was a block away from my house when I snapped out of my nostalgia.
-
  I flung my door open and took a few deep breaths. I needed water, stat.
—-