-fifty three-

This time, I was on something hard. I could move my arms without the searing pain.
-
My eyes fluttered open but this time, there was no one hovering over me.
-
  The place was familiar, I've been here before. I just can't put my finger on it.
-
I sat up and looked around, it was huge and looked like a hospital, but different.
-
I've only been in 3 hospitals, the one I was born in, mine and... oh god.
-
No no no, this could not be happening. How could I be here? I couldn't be here, I needed to get out of here.
-
I slowly slid out of the bed and took my shoes from beside the bed and slunk through the walkway between the counter tops.
-
This lab was intricate and complicated to navigate, easy to get lost in, easy to hide. Bruce could be anywhere in here.
-
  There was no ground entry to the lab so I would have to risk running into someone on the elevator.
-
  The elevator was the main obstacle, I couldn't run away when I was trapped in there.
-
I reached the door and pressed the up arrow, the lab was underground for some reason. No windows to let out the chemical fumes.
-
The elevator door opened and there was nobody inside, I had to go up to the ground floor.
-
The ground floor has the lobby and some other offices in the back, there would be people everywhere.
-
The lobby was my best bet, they'd obviously call Tony if they found someone sneaking around the offices.
-
I stepped into the elevator and was greeted by Jarvis.
-
"Hello Miss Star."
"Hey Jarvis, do me a favour. Don't tell Tony I'm here okay?"
"Miss Star, he's the one who brought you down to the lab."
"Damn it! Okay, don't let him find out my current whereabouts."
"Of course."
-
So that was Tony that I saw when I was half awake the first time.
-
The elevator door dinged and Jarvis bid me farewell. I stepped out of the elevator and kept my head low.
-
Everyone around here knew me, every secretary, builder and security guard.
-
It would be hard to lay low without seeming like a security threat.
-
  I was almost at the door when someone cut me off and knocked me over. So much for laying low.
-
"Oh my god, I'm sorry about that ma'am."
"Oh it's fine. Have a good day."
-
I picked myself up off of the floor and adjusted my jacket over me. Maybe nobody noticed me.
-
  The man who knocked me over didn't walk away like any normal person would, what was this guy's deal?
-
  He just stared at me for a second. I didn't turn all the way to face him, I would be caught for sure if I looked up.
-
  I grabbed my bag off the ground and threw it over my shoulder, he still didn't look away.
-
  I was definitely compromised. There was no way he didn't recognize me, I just had to pray for him not to call out my name to the entire lobby.
-
  I made it to the door and I could still feel his eyes burning into the back of my head.
-
  I slowly turned around and wished I would have just kept walking.
—-