-thirty-

Tony was under in around ten minutes. Everything was cleaned and ready to go. My surgical assistant was in the room with me and together, we were going to do this thing, for Tony.
-
  I'll save you the intimate details but let me tell you how it went. The arc reactor was actually pretty hard to get out but I think I did a pretty good job, so many nerves and veins and stuff were connected to it.
-
  That took about four hours and then the shrapnel removed was quick but I had to be really careful, so it took about two hours. I stitched him back up in about 20 minutes and he was all good.
-
  He was laying in a room right now as the sterilization technician was cleaning the entire roon and all of the tools. I was in there with him, just making sure that everything was alright.
-
  His vitals seemed to be good, his heart was beating at a reasonable and regular rate. I think he's going to be okay. He'll be bedridden for definitely a week at the least. I'm making him stay here, if he goes home, we won't stay in bed.
-
  A few hours later, the anesthesia wore off and he woke up. He was a bit groggy and delirious but he quickly snapped out of it and was able to have an actual conversation.
-
  "Hey Tony, how're you feeling?"

  "Sore. How did everything go? What did the inside of my body look like?"

  "Everything went well and it looked like a body Tony. I made sure some pictures were taken though."

  "Awesome. So what's the damage?"

  "I'm keeping you here for at least a week for the stitches to heal. Don't argue with me because I will strap you down."

  "Got it, don't argue. Am I on morphine or something? I feel loopy."

  "Well it just came off the anesthesia but yeah, you're on a bit of morphine."

  "Cool, it's totally not working. I can feel everything and all the pain that comes with it."

  "You'll be fine. It'll probably be alot worse tomorrow, but from there it'll start hurting less as a stinging pain and more of a pressure and then by the end of the week it should be pretty much better."

  "Whatever you say doc. Hey, do you still have the Arc Reactor?"

  "Yeah, Brandy's sterilizing it for you."

  "Thanks Athena, I appreciate it."

  "I know you do. Anyway, no solid foods for at least the week that you're here, get ready for hell."

  "You aren't going to blend up all the food are you?"

  "I can, but I can also just give you soup and smoothies and stuff if you'd rather that."

  "Yeah I think that's the best option. So am I going to have a sick battle scar?"

  "You didn't fight anything, how is this a battle? But yeah, probably. I tried a new scar removal technique that I've been developing, so you might not. Guess we'll find out in a month or so."

  "You said a week!"

  "You can start moving in a week. You can't take off the bandages permanently for a month."

  "How am I supposed to shower?"

  "Cling wrap."

  "Oh my god, gross."

  "It'll get infected and you'll die."

  "Still gross."

  "Whatever, I'm going to go check on Brandy and the others. I'll come and see how you're doing later."

  "You're leaving me?"

  "I'll be right back Tony, go back to sleep."

  "Good, I was trying so hard to stay awake that whole conversation."

  "See you later T."