-fifty eight-

"I'm afraid not. Mr. Stark has changed my abilities so only he can enter the lab."
"You're kidding."
"He's most likely asleep. I would not worry too much."
"You already told me that."
"He is alive and just suffering from dehydration, sleep deprivation and malnutrition."
"Are you on a loop Jarvis?"
"His heart rate is 67 beats per minute."
"He programmed you to say that. Where is he really?"
"In his lab, Miss Star."
"You're not helpful when you lie."
-
I stepped out of the elevator and walked back to my car. Something was wrong and Tony didn't want anyone knowing about it. I shouldn't worry yet, if something was really wrong he would have called Natasha or someone. Pepper maybe.
-
Maybe I should call Pepper, she would know where he was. She always does, and I think it's her job to. I stepped back in to the building and into the elevator and went to Pepper's floor. She knew something. Something Jarvis couldn't tell me.
-
  I stepped out into the main lobby of her floor and asked the secretary to call her for me. I don't think I was on her good side right about now, so I wouldn't barge into her office. I stood in the lobby, waiting, but she just wasn't coming. The suspense was killing me. I don't know how she'd react to me being here.
-
  Finally, I heard the familiar clicking of her expensive heels coming down the hallway. Her blonde hair was down, flowing over her shoulders. Pepper Potts. I decided that maybe acting like her friend wouldn't end well for me, so I acted as a client.
-
  "Good afternoon, Miss Potts. Hopefully you could make some time for a quick chat?"
  "I never thought you'd show your face around here again."
  "Neither did I."
  "Follow me," she turned swiftly on her heel and started down the long corridor.
-
  We walked down the hall until she stopped and opened a door. Her office. The inscription on the door read "Miss Virginia Potts". I forgot her real name was Virginia. Huh. She motioned for me to sit down and she sat on the other side of the massive desk.
-
  "What can I do for you?"
  "It's about Tony, and I think something is really wrong. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't genuinely concerned."
  "Okay and?"
  "Where is he right now?"
  "He and the others went out on a mission yesterday and should be back tomorrow."
  "Really?"
  "That's what I know."
  "So Jarvis lied?"
  "What did he say?"
  "That Tony was in his lab. I went there earlier but the lights were off. Jarvis told me he was probably passed out from sleep deprivation and he was dehydrated and malnourished.
  "One second," she clicked a few buttons on her computer, "The last time he entered his lab was 2 days ago."
  "Alright. Thank you Miss Potts," I stood up from my chair."
  "Athena, sit down." I did.
  "Is there something else?"
  "What happened? Between you and Tony? You two were really close. Everyone loved you. One second you all were partying and the next I'm told that nobody can reach you and you won't see anyone? Why?"
  "It's a long story."
  "I've got ti-" the phone rang.
-
  Pepper answered the phone and talked to the person on the other line for a few seconds when her face changed. She was scared. Something happened. She yelled instructions at the person on the other line. Something was very wrong here, it was probably the Avengers. Probably Tony. Dying.
-
  She slammed the phone down and looked me dead in the eyes. Her expression intense yet sad and scared. I didn't know what to think, yet I knew exactly what she was about to say.
-
  "You'll have to tell me that story later, we've got a problem."
—-