-sixty seven-

Yelling. There was lots of yelling. My eyes wouldn't open, and this seemed awfully familiar. Ow, my head hurt. This was familiar too. All of this was familiar, and I hated it. Okay, settle down Athena. You're alive. What's wrong with you?
-
  I could feel all of my limbs, so I wasn't paralyzed. My head hurt and I couldn't move anything, so maybe I was paralyzed. I can't think, nothing is coming to me. Nothing is making sense. I think I may be hanging out of the passenger seat window, but I can't really tell.
-
  Sirens. Ambulance. Okay, I'm going to be fine. Someone is going to find me, and I'll be okay. I could relax now. Okay. Keep breathing. In and out. In and out. In and out. Hands. Okay. Someone is pulling me out. OW! There's glass. They're ripping my skin apart. Who the hell thought this was a good idea?
-
  My eyes finally shot open and frantically looked around.
-
  "Miss, you were in a car accident. Can you tell me your name?"
"Athena. Athena Star."
"Miss, can you tell me your name?"
"I just did! Athena Star!"
"Awake but non-responsive."
"What do you mean non- responsive? I answered your question!"
-
They put me in the ambulance and my eyes felt heavy. No, no. I couldn't fall asleep. I wouldn't wake up if I fell asleep. Athena, your body is trying to give up, keep fighting. Keep your damn eyes open!
-
  My eyes did not want to listen to my brain, and they closed. I know this because they flew open again when they were wheeling me into the emergency room. Who was my emergency contact? Why can't I think?
-
  "What's your name miss?"
  "Athena!"
  "Miss? Can you tell me your name?"
  "ATHENA!" Ow, my brain.
  "Still non-responsive verbally."
  "Damn it! Why can't you hear me?!"
  "She's bleeding out, we need to get her stitched up. Bring her to trauma one."
  "No! Bring me for a full body CT!"
  "Trauma one is occupied."
  "Then get her somewhere where she can get stitches!"
  "THAT CAN WAIT! You don't know what's causing the bleeding! And apparently my vocal cords don't work! I might need surgery!"
-
  These people are going to kill me. If I die today, it will be because of their incompetence. What if my heart is punctured? I'm pretty sure there's glass sticking out of me! My organs could be perforated! Who trained them?!
-
  Something was wrong with my brain too. If I couldn't talk, that means it's not communicating properly and something is wrong. My diagnosis is a severe TBI. I can't tell if my brain is bleeding, but if it is, it's slow.
-
  They need to do better than this. You cannot just skip a crucial step like this. Everything could be wrong with me and they're just going to stitch me up. They should bring me for a scan, or even to the OR and fix things as they see them.
-
  My eyelids are heavy again. I'm dizzy. It's my brain, it's something in my head. Or I'm bleeding out fast. I've never let anyone bleed out on my watch before, and I'm going to be the first. God I wish my limbs were working so I could do surgery on myself.
-
How has nobody recognized me? Oh my god. My face was probably mutilated. You've gotta be kidding me. I need to tell them what to do. I need them to know how to save me. My head hurts. Everything's blurry. Not again.
—-