-sixty five-

Today was the day that I could finally discharge Tony from the hospital. The brain patients had to stay longer, because... well I cut into their brain and all.
-
I filled out my portion of the discharge papers and walked them up to Tony's room. We still haven't talked yet, I've avoided him as much as I could. I wanted him to fully heal before getting stressed out.
-
  I knocked a few times before hearing Tony shout, "Come in!" Here we go.
-
  "Hey Anthony."
  "Hi."
  "I have your discharge papers. If you could just sign these then you're free to go."
  "When are you going to stop?" I sighed and looked at my shoes.
  "Listen, I know you're mad at me. You should be, Christ, I suck! I'm not asking you to forgive me or anything, but I want to apologize. Can I do that? You don't have to be my brother, my friend, you don't even have to work with me. You can walk out of here right now and never see my face again, but I had to tell you I'm sorry."
  "You talk too much."
  "I do not."
  "Give me those papers," I handed them to him.
  "I'm going to walk out of here now. You aren't going to follow me, but you are going to come over Friday night."
  "You don't have to."
  "I want to. You think it was easy knowing my last family member was pretending I don't exist?"
  "Well..."
  "Well nothing."
"I'll... see you later then."
  "Bye Tina."
-
  I closed the door behind me and froze. What the hell just happened? Why? What? Tony just? I hope he wasn't unconscious for too long and his brain broke. This was not like him at all. Why would he just move on? His favourite thing to do was to argue.
-
Should I go over? Did he really want me to? It feels wrong. I had to walk away soon because he was going to open that door any second. I scurried down the hall to get as far away from that door as possible so I didn't seem like I was waiting around.
-
I'd make an appearance. I would make everything so much worse if I didn't. He asked me to go, well, he told me I was going, so I had to. What would I wear? How long should I stay? What time should I go? He didn't tell me what time. Shoot. I couldn't go ask him now.
-
I was probably making a bigger deal out of this than I needed to, but this was important to me. I really needed to rekindle my relationship with Tony. I couldn't be alone in this world anymore. I needed a family, and these people were it.
-
  There wasn't much else for me to do here, so I drove home. I've spent the past few nights at the hospital until I was ready to discharge Tony. I had to be there in case something went wrong, but he was on his way home now.
-
  I haven't seen my bed in like a week. God it looked like heaven. I was exhausted too. You don't sleep much at hospitals, even if you're in the on call room. I was too worried about everyone that I just paced around the room.
-
  Friday. I was going to Tony's on Friday. I still had to figure out my plans for that. I kind of hope everyone else wouldn't be there, I didn't want to face all of them at once. I avoided everyone at the hospital the best that I could, and I doubt I'd be able to do that on Friday.
—-