Author's note.

Dear everyone,

This story has taken me for a ride on an emotional roller coaster. You know, I didn't think it would end this way until this afternoon, and I made sure I would stay up all night making sure it was the perfect close to Athena's story.

She was my favourite character to write so far. She was the most human, she felt the most. I thought she was a real person most of the time. It felt like I was writing a real person.

I think her story ended in the perfect way, yet it was horrible. She died in the way she was most afraid to kill someone. She didn't get her happy ending, yet her ending was still happy. She knew she was loved. Her favourite person was by her side. It was peaceful.

In case you're wondering, yes, I did cry while writing the ending of this story. I did, I'll admit it. It wasn't just her ending that was sad, it was the character ending. She was my favourite. She meant the most to me. This was my favourite story to write, and in a span of three chapters, it was suddenly over.  I wanted to write forever, but I knew, this was the perfect place to have a tear-jerking ending.

This story was also my most successful, and I'll never be able to express my gratitude in words, even though that's my job as a writer. To everyone reading this authors note, if you got this far, thank you. Thank you for reading my work and growing alongside me. Thank you for giving meaning to my character and my ideas. Thank you for allowing me to enter this story in the Wattys. Thank you.

  Waking up in the morning, the day this story got its first read, I was ecstatic. "Someone clicked on my story and actually read a chapter." I was shocked. Then it's first hundred. Then it's first thousand. And now here we are. 8.63K reads later, at the end.

On a more uplifting note, I need a new story idea! If you have one that you think I would be able to pull off, comment it or send me a message! I need some inspiration.

Also, my one year anniversary on this account is this month, thank you to everyone who has read/voted/commented on any of my works and inspired me to create more!

Thank you again for your help with this story, without you I probably would have ended it a long time ago. See you all soon :)

-8PlatesWriter