My Purdy Dad- Gone

Ashley's POV

 Brooke and Autumn were quickly rushed to the back of the hospital rooms. I tried to go back there with them, but I wasn't allowed. The guys and I sat in the waiting area hoping that some sort of miracle will be granted tonight. I was sitting there, my knees shaking like leaves on a tree. This should of never happened, this is my fault. Maybe if I would of called out sick or something, Brooke doesn't deserve this. Neither does Autumn, after all the shit she went through last time.

 "Here Ash." I looked up and saw Jinxx standing there with a cup of coffee in his hand "I think the warmth will make you feel better." he smiled as I took the cup from him. I sipped on the coffee feeling it's warmth running down my throat. Truth be told, it did settle me somewhat. "Dude, don't beat yourself up. Brooke and Autumn are going to be ok." Jinxx smiled patting my back.

 "Is there family here for a Ms. Brooke Darson?" a nurse called walking out from the back. We all stood up and walked over to her.

 "Yes, we're her family" I said

 "Okay, come with me, please. Only one visitor at a time though'' she said as I followed her to the back and into Brooke's room. I walked in and looked at Brooke laying there, she was so pale and her face had small cuts on them. I couldn't look at her laying there like that. Why couldn't that be me in that bed? Why couldn't that be me with the oxygen tube in my nose?! Why Brooke?! I stroked her cheek softly, which caused her to stir.

 "Ashley?" she croaked out. I smiled at her and stroked her cheek with my thumb this time. She closed her eyes at the feel of my touch.

 "Yeah, it's me. I'm here, baby. Everyone's here, sweetie." Then a doctor in a long white coat came in interrupting us.

 "Mr. Purdy, could I speak to you outside?" he asked. I stepped outside with him and stood against the wall behind me.

 "How's Brooke? Is the baby ok?"

 "That's why I pulled you out here. To talk about the baby, I didn't think it would be best for Brooke to hear. I'm sorry, but the baby didn't survive..there was a lot of blood loss from the gunshot wound. I'm very sorry loss for your loss." he put a hand on my shoulder before he left. I couldn't believe what I was just told. I was extremely excited about getting a son..now I'm not. Oh boy! How am I going to tell this to Brooke? I slid down the wall and put my head on knees, starting to cry. I lost my son.

 Autumn's POV

 I woke up to hearing someone talking in my ear. I looked over and saw Cayden resting his head on the railing of the bed. I pushed the hair from his eyes and smiled at him.

 "Baby, I'm so glad you're alright. I thought I lost you" he held my hand to his face and kissed it.

 "Cayden, I feel like I'm the cause of all this. I should of went with Brooke." I started crying

 "No, this isn't your fault. Kassie and Alexandra are the reasons why this happened. You can do no wrong to anybody, Autumn" he smiled kissing my forehead. This is my reason for living. Audrey, Cayden, the guys, everyone.

 "Cayden? Where's Audrey?"

 "Don't worry, Sammi is watching her on the bus." I sighed a breath of relief knowing that my daughter was ok and that she was safe. I only stayed in the hospital for a day, it was nothing too serious. Brooke came home three days after me. After all this, we held off from touring for awhile and decided to go back to Los Angeles. When we got home from the airport I quickly made a dash to my room and slept for about two hours. Until my dad called me downstairs.

 Cayden and I walked down the steps holding our little girl and walked into the living room. My dad didn't look so happy, like someone just drained the life from him.

 "Guys, sit down and I want to tell you something. Brooke, I think you should listen to this as well." He sighed and looked up at the ceiling a few times. "Well after the accident, Brooke was shot in the stomach. There was a lot of blood loss....and Brooke..I-I'm sorry..but the baby didn't make it." My dad sat down and started crying. What!? Did I hear that correctly?! Brooke's not pregnant anymore?!!

 "W-what?! Ashley, why didn't you tell me that night?!" Brooke yelled as the tears ran down her face

 "I didn't want you to know right away. I didn't know how I would have said it! So I waited a few days!" Brooke got up from the couch and ran upstairs crying her little heart out. Cayden and I just sat there not knowing what to do or say. I got up handing Audrey to Cayden and ran upstairs to Brooke. I knocked on my dad's bedroom door and walked in.

 "Brooke?" I asked looking around the room. The bathroom door was open slightly, so Brooke must be in there. I opened the door and looked in. Brooke was sitting on the tub cutting herself. "Oh, Brooke..no" I looked at her. Brooke gasped and threw her razor on the floor, applying pressure on her arm.

 "Autumn, please! Don't say anything! It was only one time, I swear! I-its just I'm so upset that your dad didn't tell me! Instead, I walked around for four and a half days thinking I was still pregnant." she cried onto my shoulder.

 "Its okay, shh. Just don't be upset with my dad, he..just didn't know what to say and didn't want to see hurt more than you were."

 "I guess you're right, Autumn. Thank you." she smiled at me and gave me a tight squeeze then she kissed my forehead. "I know that I could never replace your birth mother, but I just want you to know Autumn..that I love you and care for you. Just like you were my real daughter." I smiled at her and then I said something that I would have never said to anyone else, besides my dad.

 "But I am your daughter." I smiled and helped clean her wrist up. Luckily, her scars weren't as noticable or else my dad would have flipped.