So Incredibly Close

Link smiled when he picked his ringing phone and a goofy picture of Rhett flashed against the background.

"Hey, man," he answered, trying to stay inconspicuous. He checked over his shoulder, but no one was really paying him any attention.

"Hey, I'm on my way. Thought I'd call ya since you're so into that these days," Rhett laughed back.

"You're almost here then?" Link asked him, still trying to play it cool.

"Why? You miss me, don't ya? How bad you miss me right now?"

"Yeah, we do have a lot to record today, don't we?"

"You're thinkin' bout kissin' me now," he guessed, and Link had to try to suppress his smile.

"Na man, we'll be able to get everything recorded today..."

"You thinkin' about doin' more than kissin'? Is that what you're tryin' to tell me? Well, you don't have to be so forward, Neal," Rhett continued to tease.

"You're right, Rhett. You probably shouldn't drive and talk on the phone. You should hang up now," he suggested, shooting a worried look over his shoulder again.

"I'm thinkin' bout you, too, Link. All the things I'm gonna do to you when we're alone in the office later," he told him, voice dripping to a sinful octave.

"Well I'll see ya soon. Uh huh, drive safe now. Bu-bye," Link spat out quickly, pushing the 'end' button as fast as he could.

Luck was on their side today and they wrapped the show up earlier than normal. The crew ran off at breakneck speed to avoid the usual pitfalls of Monday evening traffic. Rhett rolled his eyes at Link still making a point of locking their office door behind them when the studio might as well been a ghost town, but still Link wanted to be overly cautious. The last thing either of them wanted was to be literally outed in their own workplace.

"Are you ever gonna just sit over here and relax for a minute?" Rhett sighed as Link started on yet another project at his desk. "Thought most of the reason for us being here after hours was to start to really see what we like."

"I already know what I like, Rhett." Link muttered, eyes still glued onto his computer monitor.

"No, you just think that you know what you like," Rhett corrected. "This is a whole new set of rules we're learning, so come over here so we can learn 'em together."

With a huff Link moved to the couch and sat down heavily beside the taller man, and looked at him with a 'now what' type of expression. Rhett rolled his eyes again and pulled Link in close and held him in the same place under his chin like their first time on the couch since they decided to try this.

"Mmm, this does feel nice..." Link hummed.

"It does, but now I want you to tell me what you like."

The head tilted up to meet the green eyes. There was a slight hesitation but soon their lips were meeting again, and Rhett pressed hot kisses into Link's jawline.

"Oh wow..." Link groaned. His fingers were wrapped in the thick blonde waves, tightening with every new sensation and delicious kiss.

"I thought you knew what you liked, Link."

"I thought I did too," he murmured, back arching as Rhett's lips danced across his neck down to his collarbone.

"What else you think I could teach you?" Rhett groaned as Link tugged at his hair.

"Probably nothin' that I couldn't teach you."

Link pulled harder on his hair, taking him by surprise and taking the opportunity to straddle his waist. He dipped down so that he could assault Rhett's neck much the same way as his had been. He took it a step further, running his tongue flatly against the dark skin beneath it.