Emotional Walls

Eventually they were able to pull themselves apart long enough to get dressed and to the rehearsal hall. The members of their team looked pleased that they were talking again, and as always didn't push to find out what the argument had been about. Their practice sessions lasted well into the late afternoon and then there was just enough time to split apart for a late lunch and a quick shower before heading down to get ready for the actual concert.

Both of them had decided to wear their wedding bands to keep up appearances. They would take them off again and store them safely in their suitcases until they left for their homes. Through text messages they decided that it would be the first day back that they would sit down with Christy and Jessie and tell them. Then let the walls fall around them and prepare for the future.

As far as the concert, calling it perfect would have been an understatement. Never have either one of them sounded so good until this night. The sounds of the crowd singing as they played their most loved tunes and the spotlight on them both were stunning. It took all of the power that they had not to pause to start to hold hands and confess to the world what they became over the past few months.

Of course, they were quick to remedy the cold fingers at the end of the show, each clasping the other tightly for a bow, and then for a hug for the hell of it. That could get away with that, and even if they couldn't have, it would have been worth it anyway.

The green room was a bit steamier. They wasted a lot of their time set aside to pack up spent in an intense lip lock, and making out in secret like teenagers wasn't lost on them. For what seemed like the hundredth time, they realized that the other made them feel young. Breathing new and invigorated life into the other. It could heal pain, cure ailments, it was unstoppable and never ending.

Rhett's hotel once again was the chosen room for the night. As soon as the door was closed behind them Rhett was pushed up against the cool, heavy painted metal of it. Link stood on tiptoes and pressed into him roughly, and Rhett was pleased with his eagerness.

"Love me now," It was a plea, and Rhett would have been a fool not to comply. Link shifted his weight and allowed himself to be walked backward toward the bed, and when his thighs hit the mattress Rhett pushed him down. There was no humor in either man's face, only white hot burning desire.

Rhett started with the buttons of his own shirt, tossing it down and off unceremoniously. Link's belt was his next target, and whipped it off in record time before unbuttoning Link's jeans and sliding them down shaking legs, ripping them, along with his loosely tied sneakers away from his body.

Link's shirt was easier to get off, not having buttons, it was instead a classic graphic tee, and it was earlier pulled up and over and splattered on the tacky carpeted floor.

Link sat up then, on the edge of the bed, with Rhett between his knees staring down at him as if he might vanish if his gaze was cast elsewhere. Link leaned forward, but kept the eye contact to kiss at Rhett's belly. He started high but went low smoothly and quickly, before he was kissing at the waistline of Rhett's own dark washed denim.

Link always surprised Rhett with just how nimble his fingers could be when working at a zipper, and this wasn't an exception. But where Rhett had practically torn the jeans from Link's body like a hormona caveman, Link dragged them down slowly, pressing gentle kisses against each new expanse of skin that he freed. Once Rhett had stepped out of his own shoes and pants, the two were both left in only their boxers, and finally Link dragged himself back up to the head board.

Rhett climbed to him slowly, with a smirk that both chilled and set Link alight. Just as Link had done, Rhett kissed his way up Link's legs and belly before landing at his neck, jaw and finally his lips. The show he was putting on was anything but tame, and soon Link was wiggling beneath him with a need so great that he could focus on nothing else.