Chapter 9: 'close'

Everyone was back safely in their own houses. Resting from the case they just had. Well everyone but hotch he went back to the BAU to finish some paper work then he was off to see jack. But Emily couldn't rest and she didn't feel safe either. Every little noise she heard, she jumped out of her skin and her heart nearly came out of her chest.

Emily sat on the sofa and put a comedy on to make her laugh. But it didn't work I guess nothing will.

*knock knock*

Someone was at her door she was terrified at who it might be so she grabbed her gun and placed it in the back of her trousers and covered it with her top. She walked slowly over to the door and placed her Hand on the door knob, Emily turned it to the right and it opened. Emily peered her head around the door to see it was Reid. The relief was almost overwhelming as she built up so much terror inside of her.

"Spencer what you doing here?" Emily asked.

" I just needed to have some company as I didn't want I be alone" Spencer said in a quiet tone.

"Is everything alright spencer? You need to talk?" Emily asked in a soft, concerned tone.

"Yeah fine, guess it was just the case and do you fancy a movie night?" Spencer asked.

"Yes I understand and yeah sure that will be great" Emily said as she opened the door wide enough so spencer can come in.

*spencers POV*

The truth is I just needed to see her. Everytime I tried to close my eyes all I could see was her beautiful face engraved in my memory, but it was a good engravment. I gave up in the end of all the 'should I' or 'shouldn't I' I went over to her place. When she opened the door she look really relived but i guess it was just the time of night. She looked so flawless in her white vest top and little blue shorts. Even with no make up she still looked perfect. The thing I'm stuck on is if I should admit how I feel tonight or next week. I don't want to make It awkward at work, but my feelings are spiralling out of control.

"What film first?" Emily asked as she looked up at me.

"You choose" I replied still gazing at her.

"Bridesmaids it is" Emily said with a smile.

I don't really watch those type of films but I was with her so that's all that mattered.

Emily and Spencer both were cosy on the sofa watching a film. Popcorn, beer and laughter was just what Emily needed. It was like just for an evening she had forgotten about the horrific thing that happened to her. She liked spencer as a friend and couldn't really see it as anymore than that but tonight seeing him in a different light changed that. As the night went on and 2 more beers had been drunk Emily and Spencer were still watching comedies when one moment thy got close and both of there eyes were looking directly at each other. Then they both got closer and closer there lips nearly touched when....