○ ONE ○

○ ONE ○

"You'll never guess what happened today" a voice said, breaking me out of my work thoughts.

I smiled. "I have many guesses Janice, none of them are appropriate" I replied, my grin widening.

She rolled her eyes, flipping her short blond hair out of her eyes. "No silly, I saw Erik in the elevator" she said, grinning.

I straightened. "Yeah, he's here for a meeting, I've already dealt with him" I replied.

She glanced around the office. "Isn't it hard being his assistant? Like he's such an ass, I mean he's got a hot ass but he's an asshole" she replied.

I laughed, standing up and moving towards the filing cabinet. "He's alright, you just have to get used to his mood swings" I said, shrugging a shoulder and filing some of the paper in my hand.

I heard a door slam and turned around, picking up the coffee cup and holding it in the air. "Aviana, did you pick up my cof-" Erik's cold voice was asking as he turned the corner.

He took the coffee cup from my hands as I bent over my desk, looking at some paperwork.

"Good, Miss Janice Harrison, I pay you to work not to stand around and gossip" he said, his dark blue eyes switching to Janice was leaning on the wall.

I looked up at her and she rolled her eyes at me before scurring away. "Do you have the pap-" ge was saying before I held up a folder for him.

"All prepped and ready to go" I replied, giving him a smile.

"Very good, thank you" he said, as he rifled through it.

I had only been working for CEO Erik Rycroft for three months, after previously working for his father who had just stepped down but it seemed he still hadn't got used to me being good at my job. Personally, it delighted me that I still surprised the hell out of him.

"Aviana, this isn't right" Erik said, leaning forward.

My eyes wandered over his stubbled jaw, dark eyes and slanted nose. Erik Rycroft was definitely attractive but his personality was simply appalling.

I glanced down at the words on the page. "Sir, I write the stats you gave me, here look" I said, reaching for another page of paper.

He took it and seemed to compare the notes. "Maybe you should've asked me if my notes were right" he replied, barely glancing at me.

I just blinked. "Sir, I apologise, I assumed you had checked over your notes" I replied.

He looked up, our eyes meeting. Cold and hot. "That's not my job, that's your job, isn't that what I pay you for?" He asked, tilting his head.

If you weren't so attractive, I'd shove this stapler up your nose. "Yes sir, it is but I wasn't in the meeting so I wouldn't be able to confirm the notes" I replied.

Our eyes never wavered, either of us were one to back down from a challenge. My eyebrow curved. "I apologise" he said, grumpily.

Revelling in my triumph, I handed him another folder. "This is the Oil Industry folder you asked me to prepare yesterday" I said.

He glanced through that folder too. "You've done well" he said before looking at me again.

"Thank you, you also have a caller on line three who has been waiting for quite sometimes.. It's your mother" I said slowly.

He winced before nodding. "Thank you, you may take your break" he said as he turned away.

"Ah Mr Rycroft" I said hurriedly, emerging from behind my desk.

He turned his head to look at me. His eyes drifting down my body, taking note of my long legs. I pretended I didn't notice. "I was just wondering if I could take the rest of the afternoon off, I know it's late notice but my sister is having her baby" I said, fidgeting my hands.

He stiffened slightly. "And this would please you?" He asked, making my eyes widened in surprise.

"Um yeah, it's important to our family" I replied.

He looked thoughtful for a moment. "Fine, but I need you here late this afternoon, I have a late meeting and I need my assistant" he replied curtly.

I sighed in relief. "I will be here at six" I said, smiling.

"Sufficient, do not be late" he said before walking off.

I grabbed my personal bag, turning my computer off and made a mad dash for the elevator. My phone buzzed as I went.

Rhiannon:
False Alarm. Baby isn't here, I will call you when she really comes
Love you x

I stopped just before the elevator and sighed. "Damn" I muttered.

I shouldered my bag before walking back to my desk and turning my computer on. Walking slowly, I walked towards Erik's office and knocked on the hard wood.

"Enter!" He barked.

Turning the doorknob, the door swung open to reveal Erik standing by the window with his arm crossed. He turned his head to look at me. "I thought you were leaving" he said before turning around fully.

"I was but it turns out it was a false alarm so anything you need me to do?" I asked, moving further into his office.

His eyes followed me. "No, you've done everything" he replied, roughly.

I nodded. "Okay, I'll be at my desk" I said as I turned towards the door.

"Aviana" he said, catching my attention.

I looked at him as his face softened for a moment. "Thank you" he said, catching me with surprise.

"Oh well no worries" I replied giving him a smile.

A knock sounded at the door and his face slipped back into his unreadable expression. "Yes?" He asked, as I turned around.

A man stood at the door. "Mr Rycroft?" The stranger asked.

"That is I" Erik replied, stiffly

The man walked in. "You're under arrest for simply being too god damn good at running along with my jokes, you seriously cramp my style bro" the new guy said, walking in.

My breath caught. My god, what did this family have in their water? Adorned with tattoos and wearing a biker jacket, with a police badge attached to his hip, the man walked in with a smirk on his face.

My god, if heaven was a man. "Hey darling" the man said, eyeing me.

Erik cleared his throat, making me look at him. "Aviana Elvin, this is my brother Jared Rycroft, Jared this is my assistant Aviana" he said, introducing us.

I smiled at Jared. "You know if father said the assistants were going to be attractive I might've actually taken over" Jared said, sending me a wink.

I flushed red, before glancing at Erik. He didn't seem to impressed. "Stop hitting on my assistant Jared, Aviana, please" he said, gesturing to the door.

I nodded. "Of course" I said before squeezing past Jared.

I left my hot boss with his even hotter brother.

A/N

First chapter!
Welcome back to the billionaire world of my imagination.
Are you happy to be back?

What did you think of the chapter?

Lots of love, Tavana xoxoxox