○ EIGHTEEN ○

○ EIGHTEEN ○

"Hey! What happened today?" Erik asked as I opened my front door.

"You shouldn't be here, Mr Rycroft" I said, glancing down the road.

"Mr Rycroft? Since when did I become Mr Rycroft again?" Erik asked, crossing his arms.

"Since the board has Mr Smithers asking questions that assume sexual harassment" I replied, staring at him.

I didn't want to let him inside. "It's probably standard protocol, Aviana" he said calmly.

I shook my head. "No it isn't, Mr Rycroft please, just go" I said, noting a car down the street.

"What? No" he said, stepping forward.

I shook my head. "I'm not letting you in, he could be watching and waiting for you to fuck up, please, I'll see you at work tomorrow" I said, moving back from the door.

He slammed his hand against it, to prevent it from closing. Leaning in, his eyes widened at me. "Does this mean we're over?" He whispered, sounding a little hurt.

I took a deep breath, ready to land the blow that may ruin what he and I had forever. "It had never began, Mr Rycroft" I said, before closing the door.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "I don't believe that, and I don't believe that you believe that either" he said through the door.

Swallowing, I opened my eyes and I heard him walk away. I stayed near the door until I was sure that he'd walked away. Breathing out, I walked towards my kitchen and finished wiping it down.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. I had never realised how attached I had become to Erik in such a short amount of time. As I cleaned the kitchen, all I could imagine was Erik with me and teasing me.

"Stop it Avi, you're a strong and independent woman" I said firmly.

I left the kitchen and walked towards my bedroom. My laptop sat on my bed, the Netflix logo staring back at me. Sitting down, I pulled the covers over my legs and opened up the tub of ice cream I had in my hands.

Pressing play, I wallowed in my self pity.

As the morning rose, I glanced in the mirror to make sure none of my stray hairs were sticking out of my tight bun.

I glanced over my reflection before grabbing my car keys and turning off the lights. The six a.m numbers blared back at me as I started my car and crept away from the house.

I wanted to get to the office before Rycroft, so I could get a jump start.

As I pulled into the work parking garage, it appeared that Mr Rycroft had the same idea. Sighing, I parked and walked towards the revolving front doors. I swiped my key card and and waited for the elevator as I thought of things I could say to my boss.

The ride seemed incredibly long, much longer than usual. My hands started to fidget and as the doors opened, I was met with a dark office.

My heels clicked against the office floor as I walked to my desk. "I wasn't sure if you were still going to work for me anymore," Eri-Mr Rycroft's voice said, startling me.

I turned my head to see him lean on the doorway to his office. "I still want to work for you, Mr Rycroft" I said, placing my handbag down on my desk.

Rycroft winced. "I hate it when you call me, Mr Rycroft, sounds-" he cut off, unable to find the words.

"Professional?" I asked.

His eyes widened as he stepped towards me. "So this really is it, you're going to let go of what we have because some guy asked if I touch my staff?" He asked, crossing his arms.

I looked away. "Can't help but admit I'm a little disappointed, Aviana, I thought you had more fight than that" he added, "apparently, I was wrong."

I clenched my jaw before looking up. "Do you not think you're being a little unfair?" I asked, wanting to stand up for myself.

"Unfair?" He scoffed.

"You're the one who cut me off completely, saying we never had anything and everything we shared never happened, and you have the balls to say I'm unfair?" He asked, stepping closer to me.

I stepped behind my desk. "I'm just trying to protect your image" I said, keeping it together.

"Fuck my image, when I know what I want, I go for it, and you Aviana, are top position of what I want in my life" he said, his eyes staring hard into mine.

I swallowed. "No I'm not, you're just in some fantasy dreamland about personal assistants and bosses, you read too many romance books" I said, trying to grasp an excuse to walk away.

"You're damn right I read too many romance books, if you haven't noticed Avi, I'm not exactly a guy who's great at communicating my feelings but god damn it, you infuriating woman, you know I want you, and who the fuck cares about what other people think!" He exclaimed.

"I care Erik! Because I can lose my job! This is all I have!" I exclaimed back.

Reaching across the desk, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me over the hard wood. I didn't even have time to make a noise before he captured my mouth in a hurried kiss. 

His nose brushed mine as he tilted his head slightly to deepen the already deep kiss. I couldn't help it when the low moan left my throat and I found myself gripping his arms.

Erik rounded the desk, and pulled away, only to rest his forehead against mine. "I'm never going to let you go," he said softly.

My eyes which had fluttered close, opened and stare deep into his. "What about work?" I asked quietly.

"I'm fully on board with you quitting your job, coming to live with me and I'll support us" he said before chuckling.

"I know you say it like a joke, but is that seriously what you want? A stay at home wife?" I asked, pulling back.

"There's no harm in it but no, if you want to pursue passions, maybe study than you can, but you wouldn't need to work," he said, brushing a palm across my cheek.

I frowned. "You've actually thought about all this, haven't you?" I asked, slightly honoured, insulted and confused.

"I told you Avi, I always get what I want"

A/N

Ooo sassy.

But god damn. He's hot.

Do you think that Avi will give into what Erik wants? Or do you think, she'll leave?

Leave your comments!
Don't forget to vote as well!

Lots of love, Tavana xoxox