○ TWENTY- ONE ○

○ TWENTY- ONE ○

As I stirred myself awake, I felt fingers brush against my cheek gently. Turning my head, I slowly opened my eyes. My vision going from fuzzy to clear as I zoned in on Erik's face.

His stubble felt a little rough under my fingertips as I caressed his cheek, our eyes searching each others.

"Good morning," he whispered.

Tucked in his embrace, my lips turned upwards. "Good morning," I replied in a whisper.

He blinked slowly before shifting his eyes to the ceiling. "How do you feel?" I asked, still studying his side profile.

As his eyes slowly closed, he let out a silent sigh. "Tired and worn out," he replied.

My hand drifted from his cheek to his chest, tracing small circles on his skin. "I'm sorry I can't be of more help," I said softly.

He turned to look at me. "You are helping me, by letting me stay here, with you in my arms" He said sincerely.

"I know this probably doesn't seem like the time to ask, but what are you going to do now?" I asked, lifting my head to flick hair from my eye.

"Well I guess Jared will plan the funeral, he always understood our mother better than anyone and if anyone knows what she'd want, it's him," he replied, before pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Hey, I might not have known your mother but I know she would be super proud of you, look how far you've come.." I trailed off.

"That's the point, Aviana, you didn't know her, I did and she always believed me to be the devil incarnate, I was her least favourite child" he expressed, sitting up and swinging his legs over to sit on the edge of the bed.

"Erik," I said gently.

He turned his head to look at me. "You are not the devil incarnate," I said, firmly.

Standing up, he turned around to face me fully before leaning down and placing his hands either side of my body. "Oh I am the devil, baby, you just haven't had the pleasure of meeting that side of me yet, and trust me when I say you don't want to," Erik replied.

I pushed the covers off my legs as he pulled away and walked towards my bedroom door. "Is this the devil that drove me home from a bar one night, and even with all my advances, still didn't sleep with me? Or the devil that took me to a work Gala and told me I was more beautiful than the moon?" I asked, making Erik freeze.

"Are you that devil? Or maybe someone else I don't know?" I added, crossing my arms.

He opened the bedroom door and walked out. I slid out of bed and padded after him. "What about that time you showed up at my front door, out of your mind when I told you this was over, is that the devil you speak of?" I asked, studying him.

He snapped his head to look at me.

"What are you trying to prove here, Aviana?" He asked, inpatiently.

"I'm trying to tell you that you're not some evil asshole hell bent on destroying the world, you're a human man who made some shitty mistakes, it happens, but you have to stop punishing yourself for crimes you didn't commit!" I exclaimed.

"You're mother called you the devil incarnate and yet somehow in your irrational mind, you twisted it and believed it to be your fault you are the way you are!" I added.

"What else am I supposed to believe?" He asked, lowering his eyes.

"Believe in yourself or better yet believe in me, believe in us and believe in the words I say to you right now, Erik Rycroft, you are not the devil, you are anything but the devil," I exclaimed.

Erik's eyes widened as I walked towards him. "Believe in this.." I breathed out as I took his hand and pressed it just above my heart.

My head was tilted up, watching him as he closed his eyes. "I am yours," I whispered.

Like a lightning strike, his eyes snapped open and it was like time sped up. He tilted his head down just a little to capture my mouth in a soft groan.

My hand lifted to his shoulders, trying to keep myself upright. Our mouths fought for domination, neither willing to give it up.

Our bodies fit together like puzzle pieces and I felt complete.

Unknowningly during our argument, the bedroom door had closed and neither of us could concrete enough to get it open.

Our lips broke kiss for a few seconds as Erik helped me out of my overly large t-shirt. He flung it somewhere in the room while moving his lips from mine to the curves of my breasts.

My head fell back, a gasp falling from my mouth when he secured an arm around my waist, lifting me up easily, like I weighed nothing. I didn't care as he pinned me against the bedroom door and let me secure my legs around his waist.

"Erik," I rasped out.

He stopped me by pressing his lips against mine again and deepening it to a level that could only be described as euphoric.

I giggled slightly as he moved back to gaze at me. "You're absolutely beautiful," he said truthfully.

I felt a little exposed to him but after his words, I didn't care. "Well I'm yours, Erik," I said breathlessly.

"And I am yours, Avi," he muttered.

I held my hand out, waiting for him to take it. He took my hand and I quickly opened the bedroom door, letting it slam shut as Erik and I fell inside.

A/N

And let's give them some privacy.

Seems like they need this time together.
Next chapter brings in the past and tries to break the present.

This shall be fun. *insert evil smile*

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Lots of love, tavana xoxoxo and as always, stay awesome bros!