○ THIRTY- FIVE ○

○ THIRTY- FIVE ○

"No,"

"No?"

"No" he said as I walked out of the bathroom.

"What's wrong with this?" I asked, as I glanced at my long black dress in the mirror.

My small baby belly suited me and I loved looking pregnant. I was now two months pregnant and I enjoyed teasing Erik about it.

"You're pregnant with my child and you're going to be my wife, I don't need the competition right now" he said firmly.

I chuckled. "You know I would never leave you," I said, turning away from the mirror to look at my handsome man in his suit.

"Are you sure? Cause sadly there are guys who are richer than me and they're all going to be at this gala" Erik replied, reaching for me as I waddled to him.

"Yeah but like they're all old, and your young and hot and have great stamina," I replied with a smile.

He scoffed. "I knew it, the only reason you keep me around," he replied as I leaned in to kiss him.

"Damn straight," I replied before I pressed my lips to his.

He wrapped his arms around my waist as I straightened up. "I want you to know that your mother looks extremely beautiful right now, and I want you to know that if you are a girl and you're just as pretty, I will never let you leave the damn house," he whispered to my belly.

I laughed and I ran a hand through his dark silky hair. "Come on, we have to go or we'll be late," I said, as I moved back.

"Fashionably late is okay," Erik replied.

I rolled my eyes and pulled him up. "Let's go, boyfriend," I said, jokingly.

Taking my hand, he pulled me out of the bedroom and soon we were in the car heading to a beautiful castle that was holding tonights Black and White Gala. It was for charity and apparently Erik got invited every year.

The people at the door took Erik's keys when we arrived and like a gentleman, my soon to be husband opened the door for me and helped me out.

Older men and ladies were piling in through the doors. Classical music could be hears from even outside. A few younglings like Erik and I were dotted here and there and we saw a familiar face. "Mr Rycroft" Mr Tryelle said when he saw us.

His wife, Ashleigh reached me and her eyes sparkled when she noticed my growing stomach. "I see you weren't assistant for long" she said with a wink.

I laughed as she reached forward and hugged me. "It's good to see you!" She said, pulling away.

"You too, been too long" I replied politely.

Fabian took his wife's hand. "Shall we?" He gestured to the front doors.

Erik offered his elbow and I took it, all four of us walked inside.

The place was stunning. Dripping in crystal, gold and shining rubies, it made any other building not worth looking at. "Wow," Ashleigh said, as she glanced at her husband.

"I would have to agree," Erik added.

Men in fancy suits lingered around, talking in groups and probably laughing at some stupid golf punchline joke.

"This place screams money," Fabian said, mostly to his wife.

She nodded her head. "Would anyone like a drink? What can you drink?" Fabian asked the group before looking at me.