○ FOUR ○

○ FOUR ○

"What is taking so long?" I asked, taking Erik's jacket off.

"We've been stuck, two hours" he replied from the other side of the elevator.

It was starting to get hot within the metal walls and Erik had rolled his sleeves up, exposing defined muscle. He didn't appear to be sweating but it wouldn't be lone before both of us did.

I ran a hand through my hair, thankful I had tied it up. Erik glanced at his watch. "Shouldn't take this long" he sighed out.

I got to my feet, wobbling as a wave of dizziness crawled over me. I leaned forward and Erik caught me as I took a deep breath. "Thanks" I said straightening.

He kept a hold of my arm until I found my balance. "It's so god damn hot in here" Erik said, sighing again.

"Sorry, would you like me to leave?" I asked, not thinking.

It was silent for a moment before Erik started to laugh, which made me laugh. We chuckled until we lost our breath and then we were fighting to keep our wits about us.
"Why was that even funny?" He asked, out of breath.

"I have no idea" I replied, leaning on him slightly.

His arm went around my waist, making me stiffen. "I think we're going insane" he replied, lightly.

"Maybe" I said, tilting my head up.

His smile and bright eyes caught me offgaurd. Never had he seemed so at ease. The elevator jolted again and the red light clicked off. I fell into Erik's arms again. Straightening up, we were both closer than we realised.

Our faces were barely three centimeters away and both of us froze. We heard a ding and we sprung apart, my face bright red and Erik clearing his throat.

A person stood in front of us, his dark hair swept back and a sharp suit to match Erik's. His eyes narrowed slightly when taking in my boss but looked down at the guy with the screwdriver in the panel. "That will be all" he said curtly.

Erik bent down swiftly and picked up his suit jacket. "Finally, took you long enough" Erik said, rolling his sleeves down.

The man turned back to face us and I almost shied away from his icy glare. "Mr Erik Rycroft, I assume" the man said.

"Fabian Tryelle" Erik replied, curtly

Mr Tryelle's gaze flittered over me. "Please, this is a discussion for my office" he said, walking away.

Erik glanced at me and motioned towards my hair. I got the hint. I picked up my bag and followed Erik, while also flattening my hair and tying it into a neater bun. We walked past rows of office desks, into a cramped office that seemed piled with books.

"Forgive the mess, my wife insists on keeping book in an office rather in a library" Mr Tryelle said sitting down behind his glass desk.

Erik took a leather chair at the front. I sat down also, keeping to myself. "I assume you are here to tell me to stuff my deal up my ass" Fabian said.

I couldn't help the cough that escaped me making Fabian glance at me. "As a matter of fact I am, I would've done it two hours ago but we were stuck" Erik replied, sitting stiffly.

I couldn't help but admire my boss for going after a guy who'd been in this business a longer time than him. "Yes, the company does apologise, we've had trouble with that elevator for quite some time now" he said, looking guilty for a moment.

"And you expect me to put my business in your hands?" Erik asked raising an eyebrow.

A satisfied look crossed Fabian Tryelle's face. "I assure you, Tryelle Enterprises is much better at what they do in the field than fixing elevators that require a specialised job" Fabian replied.

Erik stood up, prompting me to stand up. "Tryelle Enterprises can kiss my ass" Erik Rycroft said before heading for the glass doors.

Fabian leaned back in his chair, a smirk on his face. "We will see each other again Mr Rycroft, and please... do take the stairs" he said, as Erik gave him a dark look.

I heard his chuckle before the doors closed and I followed Erik. "So what now?" I asked hurrying to keep up with my boss.

He pushed open the stairs door and sighed. "Now we continue on like always" he replied stiffly.

We walked down the stairs quickly. "Could you eat?" Erik asked as we reached the ground floor.

His words didn't register right. "Sorry what?" I asked shocked.

"Are you hungry?" He asked smirking.

"Oh! Uh yeah!" I said, blushing.

We walked out into the carpark and towards his mustang. "Anywhere particular?" He asked as he unlocked his car with a beep.

"Uhmm no, I'm not fussy" I replied.

We slide into the car at the same time, our arms brushing. He seemed to ignore it but something about touching him now sent a pang into my stomach. A deep aching pang.

I had been single for most of my adult life, trying my luck in the dating pool wasn't a win. The guy I dated the longest ended up stealing my money after a night at my house and I woke up to find all traces of him gone.

Luckily, he got arrested for speeding the next day and justice was served. But now, as I sat in the leather seats of Erik's Mustang.  I wondered what it would be like to date the famous, handsome man.

At work he seemed focused and strong-minded. Outside of work, stuck in an elevator, he was humourous and sweet.

There were two sides to everybody, I knew that. But as I glanced at Erik Rycroft, I knew one thing. 

No one had ever bothered to know the sweet side of him and I made a promise to myself. Right then and there, sitting next to the man.
I promised myself, I was going to be the first.

A/N

Ooooo we have movement!
Yes!

Is Aviana now just realising how sexy and loving Erik can be?
We soon shall see.

Just have to write a Lunch date, dripping with innuendos..you guys are going to love it!
Lots of love, Tavana xoxoxoxox