○ EIGHT ○

○ EIGHT ○
● Erik's POV ●

I sighed, glancing at my watch. Aviana had to be here soon or I was going in without her. I turned my head away from the flashing cameras to see a Limo pull up. Finally.

The man got out to open the door and I moved forward, knowing it was her. What I got was Aviana but not how I had ever seen her before.

She wore this stunning dress that I had clearly not paid for that had beautiful rose design across the front amd was sorta see through. She looked- stunning.

She smiled at the cameras but saw me. Clearing my throat, I stepped forward and offered my arm silently.

I truly didn't have any words to explain what she looked like. She took it and the cameras went off again as we walked calmly inside. I had to ask though.

"What happened to the dress I brought you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry Mr Rycroft, you are a great boss but a terrible dress picker" she replied with a smile.

Her smile could light up cities. "Hmm" I replied.

Stop it Erik. She is your employee not your date.

Music filtered through as I led her into the throw of things. "So what's the plan?" she asked, glancing around.

I glanced down at her. God, she was a sight.
"Mingle, get to know some people, maybe close a few deals" I replied, tearing my eyes away from the sight of her lips.

"Look who it is, my favourite business partners" a hollowed voice said.

Aviana turned first before I turned my head to see Fabian Tryelle and a pretty lady on his arm. "Erik Rycroft, this is my wife Ashleigh, Ashleigh this is Erik Rycroft of Rycroft Enterprise's, the current reigning King in Oil and Gas" Fabian introduced us.

"It's a pleasure to meet you" Ashleigh said kindly.

Aviana cleared her throat. "Forgive me, Ashleigh this is my assi- my date Aviana Elvin" I said quickly.

My assistant looked at me confused. "It's nice to meet you, shall we grab a cocktail?" Ashleigh asked smiling.

Aviana nodded. "Yes, please" she said, almost hurriedly.

The women walked off, side by side. "If I hadn't been in your boat about two years ago Erik, I would make fun of you and tell you that you're seriously not any good at hiding your emotions when it comes to Miss Elvin" Fabian said, glancing at me.

"She threw me off, looking like that rather than her usua-" I cut off.

"What do you mean emotions?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

Fabian chuckled. "I too was enchanted by Ashleigh when I first met her, I was an ass at first but we grew to know and love each other, she was my personal assistant too, only after I forced her to be..of course" he trailed off.

Small forced laughter ran around the room. "We didn't get a proper chance to talk business before you told me to shove my enterprise where it didn't shine" Fabian added.

I looked towards the bar, seeing the girls laughing. "Yes, that was rude of me and I apologise for that behaviour but I don't apologise for what I said" I replied.

"I like that about you, Mr Rycroft" Fabian replied.

The women were walking back towards us as Aviana laughed. How had I not noticed that her eyes crinkled when she laughed genuinely?

"Darling, I got your usual scotch" Ashleigh said, handing Fabian his drink.

I stiffened formally. "I got you a drink you might like" Aviana said, holding her hand out.