○ FIFTEEN ○

○ FIFTEEN ○

"So Jack tells me, you went home with your boss friday night" I heard as I shuffled paper into the filing draw.

"He drove me home yes, and then left" I lied, glancing up at Janice.

"Mmhm sure he did, you're practically glowing Avi, you totally did it" she replied.

"What? I am not glowing, and I totally didn't do it, he's my boss and completely against the rules"  I said, sitting back down at my desk.

"Uh ha! you at least thought about it" Janice said making me roll my eyes.

"Go back to work, you weirdo" I said just as the light to Erik's intercom turned on.

"Whatever!" Janice squealed out.

"Yes sir, what can I get you?" I asked, turning the com on.

"We have a potential recruiter today, please be warm and welcoming," Erik's voice cut through with a little static.

"Of course sir, shall I ready tea and cakes?" I asked, poising my pen at the ready.

"Coffee, tea and perhaps small sandwiches would be more preferred, thank you," he replied.

"Copy that," I said writing it all down.

"And Aviana" he said, making me look up from my writings.

"Yes?" I asked, frowning.

"You look beautiful today," he said before hanging up the com.

I bit back my smile as my hands smoothed over my white work blouse and deep purple skirt. I hadn't dressed to impress Erik but I was glad he noticed.

Still smiling to myself, I picked up the phone to the food catering service we normally used for when recuriters arrived. They were usually picky with what was offered and the set up aas usually what made them say yes or no to sponsering the business.

Everything had to be perfect. I heard a throat clear as I held the phone to my ear. I was on hold and shuffling paper into files when I looled up to see Erik's brother standing at the front of my desk.

"Here to see Erik?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

His blue eyes wandered down my body as I lent over the desk to press the intercom. "Yes?" Erik asked.

"Your brother is here, buzzing him in" I said, waiting for confirmation.

"Don't do that, I'll come out" Erik replied.

Jared rolled his eyes as the intercom turned off and seconds later, Erik's door opened.
I hadn't seen Erik all morning, having been busy setting up files and ordering catering but I was still so surprised to see him looking as good as he did.

"Jared" Erik said, before glancing at me.

I smiled slightly and his eyes darkened, dropping to my legs and back up to my face. I knew that look, he'd given me that look all of yesterday and I flushed at the memory.

"What can I do for you?" Erik asked, still standing by the door.

"It's our mother, she's very ill, wants to see you" Jared replied, looking at him.

Erik sighed slightly. "I cannot today but tomorrow I will stop by," He replied.

"You're putting work above your own mother?" Jared asked, not sounding surprised at all.

"Today is important, unfortunate timing but important none the less" Erik replied stiffly.

Jared chuckled to himself, before lacing his words with sarcasm. "How typical brother, once again, your family means very little to you" Jared replied.