○ THIRTY- NINE ○

○ THIRTY- NINE ○

Final Chapter

When I first started working at Rycroft Enterprises, I never could ever have imagined my future to have been the past I've had.

I was engaged to a man who loved me more than the moon itself, a man who wanted to have a family and grow old together.

When I had first met Erik Rycroft, I thought he was arrogant, stubborn and rude. Erik is not that anymore. He was kind, thoughtful and loving.. gave me things no one had ever given me before. His heart.

When I lost our first child, I thought this was it. He would never want me because I couldn't start a family for him but he made me see that he wnated me, the children were just a bonus.

The first time my father met Erik, it was like two bulls staring at each other. Unsure how to move, not sure whether to attack. I was still my father's youngest daughter but I was Erik's soon to be wife.

My sister was thrilled to welcome Erik into tue family, her husband too. Erik had lost his family, apart from Jared of course, but he lost his parents and I knew he would be overwhelmed by being accepted into my family.

Not for the first time, he cried in my arms that night.

We'd veen through some terrible shit, everyone I had ever met and who had known the story of how Erik and I met, would say that we were a suicide mission but I knew we would make it out alive and we had.

We had survived a terrible bomb, our lost baby, being apart from each other on several occasions, a nasty ex and we'd escaped the boundries of the workplace.

Erik and I were destined for each other, and that's what I kept telling myself as the make up artist put the final touches to my face.

My sister held up my beautiful long white dress.

The wedding process had taken Erik and I an entire year to plan. He wanted some big lavish wedding that would put the Kardashian's too shame but I wanted something smaller, more personal.

I got my wish of course.

I always got my way, I knew how to distract him, how to get what I wanted and he knew it to.

Rhiannon waited until the artist was done before giving my dress and guiding me to the closed bedroom where I would change.

My nerves only seemed to worsen, as I dressed and I stared in the mirror. I looked angelic like, with my hair braided up and my white dress.

I was marrying my Prince, so what did it care if I looked like a horrible troll or not. As long as I got him.

I opened the bedroom doors and the room gasped as I walked in. My sister started to cry and Janice sculled her champagne.

Walking towards me, Rhiannon squeezed me into a hug. "Mum would be so proud of you," she whispered in my ear.

I tried not to break, for the sake of the hard work of our make up artist and I managed to hold on strong. Hearing a knock, Janice peeked through an open crack before pulling it open to reveal my very dashing father.

"Wow! Don't you clean up nice!" I exclaimed as he walked towards me.

His eyes watered. "You look like your mother," he said with a sad smile.

I bit my lip. "And you look stunning," he added as he reached me.

He kissed me on the cheek. "The groom is getting restless, shall we start?" My father asked, holding my hands.

I nodded. I couldn't wait to be married to Erik. To have our family.

He let go of one hand and Janice handed me my bouquet of flowers. My sister and Janice were ny bridesmaids and their golden dresses looked stunning on them.

They led my father and I from the room, I grabbed a glass of champagne. Drinking quickly, I gave it back before my father finally tugged me away.

I was nervous. I didn't know why. I loved Erik, we practically lived like we were married already so there wouldn't be much of a difference except now there would be a piece of paper to prove it.

Hearing the music, my stomach clenched.

"Ready?" My father asked as my bridesmaids walked ahead.

"No" I whispered back.

"You'll be okay darling, you're in the right hands," he replied.

I was unsure if he was speaking about himself or the man he was handing me to but I didn't care, I just put one foot in front of the other.

Movement happened as I entered the aisle. We were getting married outside, because I wanted the gods to be witness to this event. Everyone stood up as I stopped at the aisle beginning.

The wedding march began and I lifted my eyes.

Erik wore a dark suit, to match his dark hair. He stood tall, but his eyes watered as he saw me. I loved him, with everything I had.

I stepped forward, and again and again until Erik stepped down from our places to reach for my hand.

My father placed my hand in his.

Guiding me up the steps, I couldn't take my eyes off him. Our guests sat, causing me to look at our marriage celebrant. I didn't pay attention to any of the words he said, just spoke when needed to.

Erik went first with his vows, making me smile and wish we were alone. His knowing smile, make me entirely sure he wanted that to.

My vows were next and I spilled my entire heart onto the page. I could see Erik's hands twitch as tears fell from my eyes as I told him how much I loved him.

When the final words were muttered, Erik closed in quickly. There was no hesitation on our kiss. It would've been classed a little too saucy for a wedding but I didn't care.

Erik was mine and I was his.

Our guests stood up again and clapped to our new marriage. "Congratulations" our bridesmaids and bestmans said to us.

We didn't hear any of it. I was lost in Erik Rycroft's eyes.

Who knew this would happen when you signed up for a job to become the Billionaire's Assistant.

THE END