○ THIRTY- ONE ○

○ THIRTY- ONE ○
● Erik's POV ●

"Any news?" I asked gruffly.

"None as of yet, don't worry Erik, I'm going to find those sons of bitches and make them pay," Jared replied, looking at me as he crossed his arms.

Aviana and I had just come home from the hospital, and they were no injuries sustained. Not any seen injuries anyway.

Aviana had been quiet since her attack and I knew what that meant. She was withdrawing. She felt shame and I wanted to be there for her.

"How is she?" He asked, tilting his head to the roof.

Her bedroom was above us and undoubtedly she'd be staring out the window like she's been doing since I brought her home.

"Not good, it's like she's awake and listening but can't respond," I replied, before sighing.

"Can't blame her," Jared replied, looking away.

"I don't know what to do, she won't let me touch her or hold her, I'm pretty useless when it comes to this!" I exclaimed.

"She's been assaulted Erik, what did you think would happen?" Jared asked, frowning.

I put my head in my hands. "Jared, I want to help her but I don't know how," I said, closing my eyes.

"Give her time, let her heal and come back to you, it's all you can do," he replied.

His phone beeped and he unfolded his arms to look at the screen. "I have to go, Conrad wants to speak to me, will you be okay?" He asked, giving me a look.

I nodded, turning to watch him shove his phone in his pocket. "Okay, catch you later," he said before walking out of the house.

Hearing his car pull out, I stood up and slowly made my way to the stairs. Walking up them slowly, I tried to think of something to say.

I stalled in front of her door, unsure if I should go in. Sucking up whatever emotion I was feeling, I knocked on her door lightly before turning the handle and pushing it open.

Aviana had moved from the chair to her bed, sitting against the headboard with her legs folded. She didn't turn her head to look at me, she still stared out the window.

"Avi?" I asked, hoping she was listening.

"Jared was here and he hopes you feel better soon," I added.

She didn't look or speak. "There's still no news on the guys but Jared's making it his mission to find them," I said, sitting on the very edge of her bed.

"Don't," she rasped out.

"What?" I asked, worried I couldn't sit here.

"Don't look for them," she said slowly before turning her head to look at me.

I frowned. "But Av-" I was saying before she cut me off.

"I just want to forget them," she said.

Sighing, I nodded. "I know but we don't want them to hurt any other women, they need to be taken into custody," I said, my fingers curling into the sheets.

She looked so broken, and beaten. Like, all the light she had inside was put out. "How are you holding up?" I asked, afraid to ask.

Her fingertips brushed over the bruises on her neck. "They're fading quickly," was all she said.

My hands joined as I fiddled. I didn't know what to say. "You don't have to worry, Erik, I'm fine," she said, sounding like she hadn't totally convinced herself.

"Avi, you are the love of my life, of course I'm going to worry and that's okay because I want to worry, I love you okay," I said, looking at her as if she should've known this.

She looked down at her knees. "How could you say that? After what those men tried to d-" she cut off to look away.

I moved closer but not close enough to scare her.

"Whatever happened doesn't change the way I feel about you, you are the Coca to my Cola, and that will never ever changed" I replied firmly.

I want to touch her hand to give her reassurance but I could tell she wasn't quite ready so instead, I placed my hand next to hers.

"I will wait forever if I have to, I'm happy to wait until you are ready to be held again, and I will be here when that time comes," I added.

She lifted her face to look at me, tears running down her cheeks. My face softened.

Reaching out softly and unsure, I cupped her cheek.

She flinched and closed her eyes. Slowly, I brushed my thumb under her eyes to wipe away the tears. I pulled my hand back, not wanting to risk too much contact to give her flashbacks.

"I love you, okay?" I asked, wanting her to answer.

"I know, I love you too," she replied, softly.

"I'll be downstairs if you need me," I said, moving to stand up.

"Don't leave!" She exclaimed, leaning forward.

Aviana grabbed my hand. Her eyes teared up. "Please don't leave me!" She sobbed out.

My heart broke into a thousand tiny pieces. "I'm not going anywhere," I said, pulling her to my chest.

I cradled her head, kissing the top of her forehead. "I'm not going anywhere," I whispered.

She wrapped her arms around me and sobbed into my shirt. I closed my eyes. I couldn't bare to see her like this, a woman ruined all because of men and their greed.

I held her shuddering body until she fell asleep in my arms. Avi had just cried herself to sleep, with me holding her.

A pain echoed in my heart. Sighing, I pulled the blanket up to her chest. This was a lot harder than I had ever thought possibly.

Losing my mother and losing the light in Avi's eyes made me feel like I was maybe losing my mind.

She was the reason I was still here. I could've walked away, I briefly even wanted to, but as I looked down at her sleeping I knew I never would.

I was going to marry her, start a family and help her forget her scars.

Good god, I loved Aviana Elvin.

A/N

It's been a rough day, week and month + year.

So these tears are okay. I'll pretend it's because of this chapter.

Hope you enjoyed.

Don't forget to vote and comment,
Tavana x