○ THIRTEEN ○

○ THIRTEEN ○

I felt strong arms envelope me and my head rolled forward, snapping me awake. "What the-" I was saying before a chuckle caused me to look up.

Erik held me bridal style, walking me through a doorway. "You fell asleep" he said, gently.

I knew he was telling the truth. Alcohol always made me tired, it why I was always such a loner during my college days. "Sorry" I muttered.

Erik shook his head. "Don't be sorry, you're cute when you sleep" he replied as he walked me through another doorway.

Heat pooled into my cheeks before realising Erik had stopped and began to bend. I felt the mattress dip as he laid me down, before pulling away. Standing back up, he took my heels off and placed them by the bed. "Get some sleep" he said as he straighened.

My haor floofed out across the pillow and I frowned. "Where are you going?" I asked as he started for the door.

"I'll sleep on the couch" he replied.

"Erik" I said quickly as he reached the door.

He turned to face me, concern on his face. "Stay?" I asked gently.

His expression softened. "Are you sure?" He asked.

I nodded and he took a deep breath, taking off his shoes and moving back towards his bed. He climbed onto the mattress but kept his difference. Glancing at him, his rigid form and closed eyes made me frown. Slowly, I sat up and moved closer to him before grabbing his arm.

His eyes shot open as I snuggled into his side. "Spoon me" I said politely.

"That's not a good idea Aviana" he breathed out.

Tilting my head, I glanced at him. "Than hold me, or something" I replied, quietly.

His arm reached across the settled just above my waist as he turned to face me. I could feel his warm breath on my bare shoulder. "Go to sleep" he whispered.

I couldn't. Every wire in my body was in high alert, with Erik's body pressing so close. We'd already been intimate but now my body seemed to be tune with him, and the smallest of touches took my breath away.

My eyes studied the dark, trying to make out the fan that whirled silently in the dark above his bed. I counted the whirls but still no sleep came. "Erik?" I whispered..

"Yes?" He replied.

Ah so he couldn't sleep either. "I can't sleep" I said simply.

"Me either" he replied.

Turning my head to look at him, our noses brushed and he opened his eyes. "Aviana" he said gently.

"Hmm?"

"Would you hate it if I kissed you right now?"

"No" I replied, biting the corner of my lip as my heart did a jump.

"Is this you admitting you feel the attraction between us?" Erik asked.

I sighed. "I know there's an attraction between us Erik, I'm your personal assistant, we shouldn't have work flings or relationships or whatever" I replied.

I couldn't see his reaction in the dark but he went silent for a moment. "I want you" he said simply.

I flushed and looked away. "I don't know why, I literally am the worst pick out of anyone at the office" I replied, stiffly.

"I want you because of your intelligence, and you're so beautiful, creative and not to mention funny," he trailed off.

Our noses brushed again as he leant his head down just a little. "You're incredibly sexy and know what you want" he added.

"You're describing a woman that doesn't sound like me," I replied.

"On the contrary, you have no idea what you hold over me" he replied.

"You're the CEO and you're the crazy rich one, I'm just a girl who gets your coffee and organises  your folders," I said quickly.

"You're more than that to me, I physically have to remind myself to tear my eyes away from you because watching you work is memorizing," he said

I swallowed. "Erik.." I trailed off, unsure how to continue.

"You can tell me anything," he said, lifting his hand from my waist to slide some hair behind my ear.

"Everything in my life seems to be progressing without me, my sister just started a family, I don't want to make a mistake and be cast back into a world where I have to restart," I replied.

"You won't have to restart," he said gently.

My eyes flickered to his. "How can you know that?" I asked.

"Because I'm never going to hurt you," he replied.

I studied his eyes, believing him. In one swift movement, Erik pulled me closer and tore down my defenses as he pressed his lips to mine. It wasn't like the angry eagerness of before, but more tender and caring.

This time we lay facing each other on his bed, our hands knitted in the others hair as our mouths explored.

Erik took care of me, caressing me gently and never going too far. He didn't rush anything and maybe that's because I had finally been open about my worst fear. I didn't want to be a failure anymore.

I didn't want the disapproving glance from my dad as he watched my sister and her fiance smile at their new daughter. I wanted stability and love, I wanted to be wanted.

Erik's kisses spoke thousands of words as they deepened. A man of his status and beauty shouldn't want a girl like me, a small city girl who knew coffee orders better than phone numbers but yet here he was, kissing me like he thought he'd never kiss me again.

Although, that was a high possibility.

His touch drove me wild and his scent swamped my senses, carrying me off into the heavens of cloud nine. Little sparks of electricity seemed to fly with each brush of skin and I wanted to feel more. I wanted to feel the current running through us.

My hands were fumbling at his dress shirt and pushing back, exposing his hard defined body. Erik's skin was hot to touch, like he had a fever but he certainly wasn't sick. My hands must have been freezing because his skin rippled and jumped at my touch and it only cause Erik to slip his tongue past my defenses.

Cloud nine had nothing on this.

A/N

Ooo are they gonna do it?
Who knows?

Stay tuned to find out! Ahaha
I love cliffhangers.

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Lots of love, Tavana xoxoxox and as always, stay awesome bros!