○ THIRTY- FOUR ○

○ THIRTY- FOUR ○

"Want some wine?" Erik asked, reaching across the table.

I covered my wine glass. "I'm not drinking tonight," I replied, still unsure how to approach this subject.

"Okay, now you're definitely worrying me," he replied with a chuckle.

I bit my lip nervously before looking down at my food.

Erik noticed and put his fork down. "Okay, honestly, what is it? What's going on?" He asked, staring at me intently.

I swallowed heavily. "I have to tell you something," I said, looking up and at him.

He frowned. "Are you leaving me?" He blurted out.

"What?! No! God no!" I exclaimed quickly.

"Than what the hell is going on!" He exclaimed back.

"I'm pregnant," I replied quickly, making him go still.

"W-what?" He stuttered, looking at me.

"I'm pregnant, I took a test this morning," I said, explaining.

He seemed speechless. The grip on my fork tightened with each second he didn't say anything.

Until finally,

"I'm going to be a dad?" He whispered.

"In eight months,"

Erik's eyes widened.

"You're already a month along?!" He asked, confused and still in shock.

"That appears to be so," I replied, unsure of his reaction.

"I'm going to be a dad and you're going to be a mum," he breathed out.

I studied him. He closed his eyes as he ran both his hands through his hair. "When I said that I couldn't wait to see you pregnant, I didn't mean right now!" He exclaimed.

My heart sunk, like a rock in water.

"But I don't care, I'm going to be a dad!" He yelled before laughing, shooting his eyes open and pushing to his feet.

I fell back in my seat as he danced in the lounge room. Laughter bubbled inside me and before i knew it, I was laughing at Erik.

He took my hand and pulled me up, dancing with me around the room. I laughed and held onto him. "I'm going to be a dad!" He kept chanting into a song.

Erik was so excited about it. Seemed he would never stop.
Pulling Erik to a stop, I leaned on the wall to catch my breath.

"Are you okay?" He asked immediately.

I nodded, waving him away.

My body seemed to churn and I knew I was probably going to throw up but I fought to keep it down. "I just have to go easy," I replied, breathless.

He nodded and stroked my cheek. "Are you okay with having this baby?" He asked gently.

I touched my stomach. "I mean, I've never done it before so it'll be a new experience for me," I replied before smiling.

"You know what I mean," he said seriously.

"Yes, I am happy to have this baby, I wish that this could've waited until we were married or engaged but I'm fine, as long as I have you," I said, touching his cheek.

His eyes lit up. "I'll be right back," he said before pulling away.

He disappeared into the hallway.

Moving to the couch, I sat down. Taking a deep breath in, I opened my eyes to see Erik walk back into the room.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Close your eyes" he said, calmly.

"What?"

"Close your eyes woman!" He exclaimed.

Sighing, I closed my eyes.

"Okay, give me your hand, okay now open" he said when I felt something squared in my hand.

I opened my eyes to see a small blue box sitting on the palm of my hand. The lid was opened to see a beautifully cut diamond ring. My free hand flew to my mouth in surprise.

"I was going to propose to you in some fancy restaurant but nothing makes this moment more special than realising that I've already started my family," he said gently.

My eyes watered, before looking up from the ring to his eyes.

"I love you, and I know this seems incredibly quick but there is no one else in the world I could ever imagine myself with more than you, because you are the love of my life," he said gently.

Tears fell down my cheeks.

"Aviana Elvin, light of my life, mother of my unborn child, brightest ray in every sunrise, will you do me the extrodinary honour of becoming my wife?" He asked gently, as he knelt down.

I nodded. "Yes" I breathed out.

"Yes!" I exclaimed louder.

He hugged me, wrapping his arm around my much smaller frame. We kissed, our first kiss as an engaged couple.

Our first kiss as soon to be parents.

Erik held me closely, before pulling away and grabbing the box. Taking out the ring, he gently slid it onto my finger. "It's beautiful," I said softly as I admired the ring.

"Just like you," he said before bringing me in for another hug.

"We're going to be okay, we'll have a baby, become awesome parents, I'll teach him to ride a bike and how to play football," he whispered in my ear.

"Her, it's definitely going to be a her," I replied, muffled by his hug.

"Him," he replied.

"Her, we're going to have a girl" I replied, pulling back.

"Do you know the sex of the baby?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No, I just know that it's going to be a her," I replied, shrugging one shoulder.

"Wanna bet?" Erik asked, smirking.

"What do I get if I win?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"I'll take you to any place you want to go," he said, smiling.

"And what do you get?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"I get a wife, a child and you have to do the dishes for a week," he said, holding his hand out to shake.

"So let me get this straight, if our baby is a girl, I get a holiday, but if it's a boy, I have to do the dishes for a week?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

He nodded. "So wanna bet?" He asked.

"Deal," I replied, shaking his hand.

A/N

I'm on my day off. For the first time in 6 days so I give to you, an update! Yay!

So will it be a:

Boy
Or
Girl?

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Lots of love, Tavana xoxoxo