○ FIVE ○

○ FIVE ○

Erik opened the car door for me as I climbed out, my heel clacking against the asphalt. "Where are we?" I asked, eyeing the small resturant in front of us.

"This place is called The Youth Shed, I have no idea why but they serve the best food" Erik replied, giving me a smile.

Cars raced by as my boss and I walked to the doors. "It looks closed" I said, frowning as I didn't see other cars in the parking lot.

"Trust me, it's open" Erik replied.

He opened the door and ushered me inside, out of the cold. The resturant was warm and cosy, dark red couches dotting the floor with a counter that had been polished clean met our eyes. Erik gave me a smile.

"Would you like to grab a table, I'll let them know we're here" Erik said gently.

I frowned slightly but nodded, before walking to a table. I could feel Erik's eyes on the back of my figure but when I sat down, he was talking to a elderly man who hugged him.

Surprised, I looked down. It seemed like a personal moment. My phone buzzed and I quickly looked at it as a work email filtered in. I sighed.

"What's wrong?" Erik's voice asked as he slipped into the chair opposite me.

"One of the documents was declined" I said, lifting up my phone and turning it around to show him.

His hand covered it. "We aren't at work, please" he said, gesturing to my hand.

Frowning, I recoiled my arm and turned my phone off.  "Sorry" I said awkwardly.

"Aviana, can you tell me the honest truth?" Erik asked suddenly.

My eyes widened and I shifted, uncomfortably. "Depends, some things need a lie" I replied, tilting my head slightly.

Erik shook his head, looking down at the table. "You sounded like my father just then" he replied.

"Who do you think taught him?" I asked, smiling.

It faded when he didn't smile back. "What do you need the honesty for?" I asked, getting back to the point.

"Did I do the right thing walking out of that office?" He asked, looking up.

I could tell he was really concerned about it so I reached my hand across the table and grabbed his lightly. His eyes went to our contact before flickering up to my face. "I believe you did and what does it matter what I think or anyone thinks, you're the boss... it matters what you think" I replied, squeezing his hand gently.

He swallowed heavily. "I care what you think, you've been in this business a lot longer and saw how my father worked, is this something he would do?" He asked, his eyes flickering to our hands again.

"Erik, your father was an extrodinary man but he retired and gave you his business, if he didn't completely trust you to make the right decisions, he wouldn't have done that" I replied.

The elderly man from before was wlaking in our direction and that's when I finally pulled my hand back, unknowing to the inner war in Erik's mind.

The man put two drinks in the table. "Your order" the man said, giving me a smile.

I looked at the coffee in the mugs and gave him a smile back. "Thank you" I said kindly.

"Don't thank me miss, Mr Rycroft gave me specific instructions on how to make it" the man said, giving me a wink before leaving us.

I let out a small laugh as I looked at Erik. He watched me carefully, with a measured look. Taking my coffee mug, I took a sip.

The coffee didn't taste bitter at all but kinda sweet and savoury at the same time. "Wow" I said, laughing as I took another sip.