○ THIRTY- EIGHT ○

○ THIRTY- NINE ○

"Come on, get up" I heard a voice.

Suddenly, a bright light filtered in through my eyelids and I turned my head to hide away from it. "Noo!" I exclaimed.

The voice chuckled. "Come on sweetheart, get up" he said, before shaking my arm.

I opened my eyes slightly, peeking through them. "Why do you have to be evil?" I asked, before closing my eyes again.

I could almost sense him roll his eyes. "If you don't get up, we're going to be late," he said, happy.

A little too happy.

I opened my eyes again and narrowed them at him. "What are you up to?" I asked, watching him.

"Absolutely nothing," he replied before his smile widened.

"I don't believe you"

"Just get up or I'm going to get some water and pour it all over you," he replied before turning and walking out of the bedroom.

I was definitely suspicious now. Pushing the sheets off me, I followed him out of the bedroom. "What's going on?" I asked as I emerged into the lounge.

Erik walked into the kitchen, opening the fridge. "Babe, nothing" Erik replied.

"Good morning" another voice joined us.

Turning around, Jared emerged from the spare room, buttoning up his Police uniform. "Jared?" I asked surprised.

"Morning Avi," Erik's brother said cheerfully.

"Might I ask as too why you're here?" I asked, glancing at Erik.

"Oh I was at the desk late last night and I didn't want to drive all the way home," he replied, walking past me and into the kitchen.

I narrowed my eyes. "You're both acting suspicious," I said, crossing my arms.

The brothers looked at each other before at me. I shifted. "Spill it," I said firmly.

"Why can't you just believe that nothing is going on and maybe we're just having a good day," Erik replied.

"That's even worse," I replied, walking towards them.

"Well you two can fight it out, I'm going to go home now and shower" Jared said quickly.

He went to move past me but I grabbed his arm. Jared jolted. I turned my head to look at him. "If you're lying to me, I will never forgive you," I said sternly.

He shot me a smirk, his eyes flitting across my face. "Yes you will," he replied before shaking free from my grip.

Jared left and I looked back at Erik.

"I will leave if you do not tell me what's going on right now," I said, crossing my arms.

Erik sighed and pulled a small gift bag from behind his back. "Happy Birthday" he said gently, placing it on the bench.

My arms fell. "You remembered?" I asked, shocked.

"Of course I remembered, baby," he replied, sounding insulted.

I walked towards him and reached out for the gift bag. "Nope, not until you've had breakfast," Erik said, snatching up the bag quickly.

"Hey!" I exclaimed as he danced away.

"Sit!" He ordered, gesturing to the stool at the bench.

Grumbling, I folded my arms and I sat down. Reaching for oven mitts, Erik opened the oven and pulled out a tray of ham and cheese croissants. My mouth watered at the sight of them.

Placing a few on a plate, he slid it to me and waited. I moved the plate towards me and looked up. "Thank you," I said politely.

A small smile crept up onto his face. "Eat," he said as he took his plate and the gift bag amd sat next to me.

We ate the breakfast before I turned to him and waited for him to finish his last bite. Noticing, he deliberately took longer. "Erik," I exclaimed exasperated.

He grinmed before swallowing the last of his breakfast and grabbing the gift bag. "Okay, you can open it now," he said, giving me to me.

Squeaking, I tore out the tissue paper to recieve two small boxes. Raising an eyebrow, I looked up at Erik.

"I love them! I've always wanted boxes!" I exclaimed.

Erik chuckled. "Shut up and open them," he said with a grin.

Taking a hold of one box, I opened it to find a set of silver keys. I glanced at Erik as he watched me. "Keys?" I asked, confused.

"You'll find out the rest later, open the other one," Erik said pointing to it.

I put down my already open box to open the other, to reveal another set of keys.. this time belonging to a car.

My mouth fell open and I looked up. "Okay, no peeking," he said, pulling me off the stool.

He covered my eyes and started to lead me somewhere.

"I can't believe you got me a car!" I exclaimed.

"Only the best, for my love," he whispered in my ear.

I heard the front door open before I felt more movement and suddenly we stopped. "Oh god, I'm so nervous," I said out loud.

Erik chuckled. I felt his hands move away but I squeezed my eyes shut. "You can look," he said calmly.

Opening one eye, I shrieked. "You didn't!" I exclaimed, before looking at Erik.

He burst out laughing as I screamed again and hugged him. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I chanted over and over.

"Look after it, or it's the last one you're getting," he said firmly before laughing.

"I can't believe you bought me one!" I exclaimed.

"Well I know you and your dad were super into cars, and I know this was your favourite car, I thought maybe you could have this as a memory of those good times," Erik said, as I snuggled him.

I pulled away. "You're amazing," I said, before lifting up onto my tippy toes and giving him a sweet kiss.

"Besides, since I have a black Mustang and you're the light of my life, I needed a bit of silver in the driveway," he said as we both turned to look at the Aston Martin DB11.

"So if this is for the car? What's the other set of keys for?" I asked, looking at him.

Erik smiled. "Our new house," he replied.

A/N

Happy Birthday Aviana!

Yay! I finally got a chapter.. I am so sorry for the wait!
Work has me dead.
Completely.. dead.

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Love you lots! T xo