○ THIRTY- SEVEN ○

Everything happens for a reason because everything is connected.

I stared at the inspirational quote and I wanted to throw it. Instead, I turned the page and stared at a pretty photograph of scenery in New Zealand.

It was a beautiful overlook of some valley, with the sun just beginning to set. Trees were luxuriously green and the tips of the branches were painted in a golden light. I touched the photograph.

I would very much like to go there some day, to see this photograph for myself. I'd take Erik, and we could just spend all day staring out over the valley.

A knock at the door sounded and I looked up from my book, to see Erik enter the room. "Morning, love" he said, holding a tray in his hands.

"Morning," I replied as the door swung open wider.

Erik walked into the room, moving towards me and placing the tray of food on the nightstand next to the bed. "How do you feel?" He asked, sitting on the edge of the bed and taking my hand.

"Better, still sore," I replied as I entwined my fingers with his.

He had been so good to me, taken care of me through all this. Been there for every diaster, and given me space. His hair was ruffled and he looked like he hadn't slept well.

To give me a bit of space, he'd taken the couch in the living room. "Did you sleep okay?" I asked, worried.

He wouldn't admit it, maybe because he didn't want me to know but I knew. I knew that every night I cried, he would be in here, holding me and crying to.

We never talked about it, didn't know how. But I still wanted to know if he got any sleep at all. "Not really, but I'll be fine," he said, running his free hand through his hair.

I looked down at my hands. "I have to run down to the office, I'll be there a few hours, will you be okay?" He asked, caring.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'll be fine," I replied with a tight smile.

He lifted my hand and pressed his lips to my knuckles. "I love you," he said, before looking up into his eyes.

I melted. What did I do to deserve this man?

"I love you too," I replied, wanting to cry.

He stood up and brushed my hair back over my ear before stroking my cheek as he left. The bedroom door shut, and I bent over the side of the bed to grab my laptop.

Clicking it open, I pulled up Netlfix and settled back into the bed to watch.

I only ever got up for food and the bathroom. Otherwise, I was in bed. Bingewatching Lucifer.

When night time rolled around, I realised I should get out of bed and make dinner. Closing my laptop, I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I had a nice quick shower which meant I had a long shower and walked to the kitchen.

Placing my empty plates and bowels on the sink, I washed them and tidied up the kitchen.

I began pulling out things to make for dinner when the front door slammed open. Whirling around, Erik jumped into the room.

"I got it!" He yelled.

I dropped the pan in my hands and it clattered to the floor, my heart racing. Erik practically skipped into the house and closed the door with his hip.

"Got what?" I asked as I bent down to pick up the pan.

I placed it on the bench. Erik walked towards me with a huge smile on his face. "Rycroft Enterprises is officially in partnership with Tryelle Enterprises," Erik said with a laugh.