○ TWELVE ○

○ TWELVE ○

Club 50 was packed as I managed to get through the door. Music was pulsing and I could hardly hear my own thoughts. My elbows bumped into everyone as I tried to get through the crowd. I spotted Jack leaning against the bar and I made my way over to him. "Hey" I said, apprearing beside him.

He turned quickly and a smile crossed his face. "Hey! Glad you could make it!" He replied before gesturing to the bartender.

He gave us the one minute symbol. "How was work?" Jack asked, as he pulled out my stool.

I slid onto it and gave him a thankful look. "Uh work was work, you know" I replied, ignoring the jolt of whatever is was at the mention of work.

He grinned. "My sister says you do almost everything there" he replied, just as the bartender began to walk over to us.

"Well she lies, I do my job and that's what counts" I replied.

He nodded before glancing at the bartender. "I'll have a scotch, you?" He asked, glancing at him.

"Whatever is strongest and works the fastest" I replied.

A smile crossed Jack's face. "I like the way you think" he replied as the bartender began making our drinks.

"What about you Jack? Why did you decide to move here?" I asked, glancing at him.

He shrugged one shoulder. "I wanted to be nearer to my sister but it appears she doesn't want me to stay so I might be staying where I am after all" he replied.

I stifled a laugh. "She's a stubborn one" I said as the bartender placed the drinks in front of us.

I picked mine up. "Well cheers and thanks for inviting me out" I said, as he lifted his glass.

Our glasses clinked together before we drank them. He laughed as I put my drink down and squeezed my eyes shut. "That strong?" He asked, leaning over to glance in my glass.

"Oh yeah" I replied, opening my eyes.

He grinned. "One more!" I exclaimed.

We ended up doing two more drinks before I was finally silly enough to pull Jack onto the dance floor. He rolled his eyes as I kept in time with music and flipped my hair.

I grabbed his hands and pulled him with me but he seemed unaffected. "Come on, dance!" I exclaimed.

A woman bumped into him and quickly glanced at him shyly. "Sorry" she said, through her big dark lashes.

I let go of his hands and spun around. The room began to spin as strong hands grabbed me. "You look like you're having fun darlin'" a twangy male voice said, as his hands slid to my waist.

He crowded his body against me and I tried to pull away. "Hey, let go of her!" Jack snapped, suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

"She your girlfriend?" The man asked, pulling away.

"Pfft nope!" I chimed in.

Jack glanced at the woman who had bumped into him. "Woman aren't filth, back off" Jack said, grabbing my arm and pushing me behind him.

"Jack, we were just dancing!" I slurred.

My back hit something solid and I turned around to see a blurry Erik, glancing down at me. "How drunk are you?" He asked, reaching up to grasp my chin.

"Don't touch me" I slurred.

Jack was still going off at the man I'd been dancing with. Turning around, I grabbed Jack's wrist. "Stop, I won't dance with him" I said, pulling him away.