○ SEVENTEEN ○

○ SEVENTEEN ○

I turned the page of my book, not just reading the words but feeling them in my minds eye.
The Art of Simply Not Giving A Fuck. A good read. My emails dinged and I looked up to see an email from my sister, asking me to finally come meet the baby properly. Sighing, I checked my calendar.

My emails dinged again and this time it was from Erik.

RE: Persuaded.
Finally persuaded the I.T guy to take HR off my emails, I have succeeded.
E.

I chuckled to myself before opening up the email.

RE: Persuaded Reply
So no HR means fun and games in the emails?
Don't think so mister, you gotta work for my body.
A.

I hit sent and went back to my book. My emails dinged and I looked up to see a reply. I grinned.

RE: Persuaded Reply.
Come into my office and I'll show you just how much I'll work for your body, baby.
E.

I quickly typed back.

RE: Persuaded Reply
Now now Mr Rycroft, you've got policies in place for such vulgar behaviour.
A.

I hit send.

It took exactly ten seconds before I got a reply, demanding I go to his office. I logged out and stood up, putting my book down. Doing exactly as I was told, I knocked on his door. "Enter" he barked.

I opened the door and closed it behind me. "Lock" he said firmly.

I turned it before walking over to him. I reached Erik and pressed my hands to his chest. "I've been imaging you touching me all day," I breathed out quietly.

Erik let out a small playful growl. "I've been imaging doing you on my desk all day," he replied in my ear.

I shivered. A knock sounded at the door and I pulled away from Erik who seated himself. I unlocked the door and pulled it open to see the guy from yesterday.

"Good morning, Mr Rycroft and Miss Elvin" he said calmly.

I shot a look at Erik who mouthed 'Mrs Rycroft' at me when the guy wasn't looking. I rolled my eyes.

Kieran Smithers glanced around the office before turning to me. "Miss Elvin, if you'd lile to get started, simply show me to a meeting room and we will," he said firmly.

I glanced at Erik who was looking 'focused' on the papers on his desk, shuffling through them. "Of course, Mr Smithers, please follow me" I said gesturing to the door.

He nodded and I led the inquisitive man towards a meeting room. "Is the office always in such a disarray?" He asked, looking around as people rushed to and from their desks.

"Unfortunately, we just have a major deal with Mr Tyrelle to be taken care of, as you are already aware, Mr Smithers" I replied, opening the meeting glass door.

He walked in without a thank you and I shrugged it. "If you'll take a seat, we will begin immediately," he said, pulling out the black office chair and sitting down.

I pulled out my own chair and also sat down. "Brilliant, as you are already aware Mr Rycroft's leadership and control is under watch by other board members, now they've allowed me to further test Mr Rycroft and experience the work issued, first hand" Smithers said, scribbling on the paper in front of him.

"Further test?" I asked, confused.

"That is of no concern, your concern is however answering my questions honestly, do you understand these terms?" Smithers asked.

I nodded. "I need verbal agreement and your signature" he said, sliding the paper across the desk and tapping the bottom line with the end of his pen.

"What happens to me if anything is to be classed as a lie?" I asked.

"Nothing, it just goes on record," Smithers replied.

I looked down at the paper before signing it and handing it back. "Excellent, let's start the questions" he said, pulling another few pages out of his black book.

I leant back in my chair.

"Long have you been working for Mr Rycroft?" Smithers asked, glancing at me.

"Almost six months now," I replied, frowning.

"And what would your relationship be defined as?" He asked, scribbling in his book.

"Well we have a professional relationship as boss and employee but I'm also his assistant, I, of course know him a little more personally since I run errands and do things for him, I'd say we were professional friends," I replied, glancing down at the book.

"Have you ever recieved a gift and or cash from Mr Rycroft?" Kieran Smithers asked.

"Definitely not," I replied firmly.

"Does Mr Rycroft look after all his employees here or just the ones he likes?" Smithers asked.

"I don't know what type of man the Board thinks Mr Rycroft is but I can tell you he is not a monster, he cares for everyone equally and all he asks in return is equal respect," I replied firmly.

Smithers studied me before jolting down a note. "Final question, if you and Mr Rycroft have been alone in his office has he ever made a move on you that could be classed as inappropriate or sexual harassment?" Mr Smithers asked.

My mouth fell open in shock. Standing up firmly, I pushed my chair in.

"Mr Rycroft is an honourable man who has helped everyone in this office one way or another, he has never laid a hand on me or any of my co-workers, I understand you a doing your job Mr Smithers but I will not stand here and let you interrogate anymore employees with questions that sound suggesting, so if the Board would like any more questions answered.. they can talk to me" I snapped before storming past the man and slammung the meeting doors closed.

I stormed up to my desk and pressed the buzzer. "Yes?" Rycroft's voice said gently.

"I'm going home early, I'm suddenly not in the mood to entertain my work today," I replied.

"Is everything alright Miss Elvin?" Erik asked.

I pressed the buzzer fine. "Perfectly fine, Mr Rycroft" I finished before switching off my comouter and storming out of the office building.

A/N
So Kieran Smithers is tryna take down our Erik or is he?
Those questions sounded rather interesting didn't they?

Almost suggesting the answerer to forget her or his place.

Hmmm.

Stay tuned!
Lots of love, tavana xoxoxo and as always, stay awesome bros!