○ TWENTY ○

○ TWENTY ○

I heard a knock on my front door, just as I was smoothing down my skirt. Turning my head, I listened to make sure I wasn't hearing things.

A knock sounded again and I reacted by making a jog to the door and flinging it open. Erik stood on the threshold, holding a bag and bottle of wine.

"Chinese and wine," he stated, his eyes dirfting down to my bare legs before darkening.

"Come in," I said, opening the door wider as he brushed past.

Ever since I had walked out of the office, I had spent time cleaning the house, knowing he was going to be here tonight.

He placed the food and wine on the kitchen bench before walking towards me. "I'm sorry I had to fire you today," he said, as he took my hand.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I hated the boss anyway," I joked.

Slowly lifting his hand, he brushed hair out of my eyes as I sheepishly smiled. "Yeah, I heard he could be a real prick," Erik replied.

"You could say that, but he had a way of making you do whatever he wanted," I said, my hand lifting up to place it gently on his chest.

"Whatever he wanted?" Erik echoed.

A smile curled it's way onto his face. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" He asked, leaning towards me slightly.

My breath caught, just a little in anticipation. As we about to kiss, a phone rang, making us both sigh and pull away. "Sorry, I have to answer this," Erik said before pulling the screaming phone from his pocket.

"Hello, Erik Rycroft speaking," he said before moving away.

I watched him for a moment before walking over to my glass cupboard and pulling out two wine glasses. I opened the red wine and poured a big amount into my glass before gulping it down.

Erik was speaking animatedly on the phone, gesturing with his hands and I frowned while watching him.

I poured another glass as he hung up and turned to look at me. "Is everything okay?" I asked, worried.

"Nothing that can't wait until tomorrow," he replied before walking towards me again.

He pulled me closer by the waist and I set my wine glass on the bench. He leaned down quickly to kiss me but his phone rang again.

"Fucking hell, I'm going to murder whoever invented mobile phones," he growled before pulling away once again.

"This better be fucking important," Erik answered the phone.

He went silent for a moment. "How long?" He asked, closing his eyes.

I studied him. "I'll be there in ten minutes," Erik replied, making my heart sink.

He hung up the phone and turned to look at me. "My mother's condition worsened over the course of the day, they're going to pull her off life support, I have to go," he said, sounding emotionless.

My eyes widened. "Oh go, don't worry about me, go and be there," I replied quickly.

He nodded his head before turning around and walking towards the door. He froze and looked back at me. "You can eat the chinese," he said with a small smile that faded quickly.

He opened the front door amd left, leaving me alone in my house.

I ended up eating the chinese and watching the entire first season of Friends that night.

By the time, I turned off the t.v and was prepared to go to bed, it was almost midnight. A knock at the door startled me as I walked past it to go to my room but I slowly pulled it open to see Erik, leaning on the doorframe.

"Hey," I said gently.

He looked up, his eyes red.

"Can I stay here tonight?" He asked, his voice hoarse.

"Of course you can," I replied, opening the door wider.

He pushed off the frame and breezed past me before I shut the front door and locked it. Turning to look at him, his head turned to look at the house before meeting my eyes.

"I was never close with my mother, or my father, I was always the rebellious child, never did them proud," he said, looking down.

"I don't believe that Erik, your mum and dad would be very proud of the man you have become," I replied.

He sighed. "She's gone, and there is no way I can redeem myself now," he said before cracking.

I rushed towards him as he swayed forward and he sobbed into the crook of my neck as I caught him. I hugged him tightly, letting him cry.

"Redemption is overrated," I whispered.

He squeezed me tightly and his sobs began to dissipate. "Thank you," he said.

"For what?"

"For being the one person who cares about me," he replied cupping my cheek.

"Your brother cares about you too, maybe you shouldn't shut him out like you do," I replied.

Erik sighed. "I know but sometimes it's just easier, if you haven't noticed, I'm not someone I let a lot of people get to know," he stated.

I took his hand. "Maybe we can change that, together," I replied, gently.

Leaning down and without a second thought, he pressed his lips to mine and I kissed him back, gently at first before he tilted his head and pressed his lips harder against mine.

I wanted too but right now, this wasn't what he needed. Making my mind up, I pulled away from him, gently running my hand through his hair as he frowned.

"Right now, you need some sleep" I said gently.

He pulled my close again and rested his chin on the top of my head. "Will you stay with me?" He asked, gently.

He sounded as if he was broken into a thousand pieces.

"Always," I replied.

A/N

What did you think of this chapter!
So many close calls and then something sad.
Cause that's how I roll.

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Lots of love, Tavana xoxox and as always, stay awesome bros!