○ SIXTEEN ○

○ SIXTEEN ○

"I'm exhausted" Janice said as she slumped at my desk.

I looked up from the paper I was reading to look at her. "I agree" I said, sighing and leaning back in my chair.

"Well I'm off now, I know you have this important thingy but you can escape and come have a drink with me" Janice said, pouting.

"And have my ass skinned alive? Yeah no thanks" I chuckled.

"Good point, okay darling.. see you tomorrow" she said blowing me a kiss before exiting my desk.

I watched the last of the staff leave, and I quickly looked around to make sure it was definitely empty. Walking as quick as I could in my high heels, I pushed open the door to Erik's office only to stop when I saw a girl named Karen leaning forward on Erik's desk.

He appeared annoyed. "I'm afraid I don't do bonding drinks, but thank you for the invite but I will respectfully decline" Erik replied.

I rapped my knuckles on the door, causing both of them to look at me. Karen blushed and looked away before hurrying out of the office. Watching her gather her things before running to the elevator, I closed the door while stepping into Erik's office.

He glanced up from his papers. "Is everything okay?" He asked quickly.

"That woman.." I trailed off.

"Was inviting me to after work drinks, sadly I have more important things to do," he replied, folding his hand on his desk and looking at me with a slight smirk.

"Like?" I asked, actually wanting to know.

"Well I have this meeting at six and then I have to hurry home to see this rather beautiful girl I met," he said watching me inch closer.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I mean I was supposed to tell her today at lunch but she had me distracted," he replied, his eyes moving to my legs before back up to my eyes.

I walked closer to him, deliberately teasing him. "She must be very pretty," I said calmly.

He watched me carefully. "She is," he replied.

I sat on the chair opposite his desk. "Well I'm sure you'll have a great time, I myself will be enjoying a glass of wine and the biggest bath I've ever had" I replied smiling.

"Indeed?" Erik asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yep, so enjoy your little date" I said, smiling.

"It appears my plans have changed.." he trailed off.

I grinned. "How does one feel about chinese takeaway, long baths and a few movies?" He asked, tilting his head to look at me differently.

I chuckled. "Are you asking me on a date or me to marry you?" I asked, tucking a piece of flyaway hair behind my ear.

"Date first, engagement later" he replied, smirking.

I blushed. "Than I would love that" I replied, unable to stop smiling.

"Say around seven? I'll be knocking on your front door?" He asked.

"Sure," I replied, with a smile.

He gave me a small smile before standing up, and stretching his arms out. "Why did you hurry in here anyway? Did something happen?" He asked, turning away from the view of the city to look at me.

"No, just had wicked thoughts, it was probably a good thing that Karen was here," I replied, crossing my legs.

He walked towards me. "Wicked thoughts hmm? Dare I ask?" He said, stroking my cheek gently as he stopped in front of me.

I tilted my head up to look at him. "Dangerous thoughts indeed," I replied, giving nothing away.

He leant down, swooping to my level. "You're going to be the death of me," he said calmly.

"At least my face is the last you'll see," I joked.

He hummed before leaning forward and slamming his mouth to mine. I almost fell off the arm of the chair but I grabbed the front of his shirt to stay upright. Allowing myself to kiss back, I couldn't help the moan that fell from my voice box.

He pressed forward, gathering me in his arms. I wanted nothing more than to sit here and kiss the man who wanted me as much as I wanted him but we both had a job to do.

I broke away gently and touched his cheek gently. "We have to get ready for this meeting" I said breathlessly.

Erik ignored me and pressed a kiss under my ear. "Erik" I said before chuckling.

"Mmhm," he replied, before lifting his hand to pull my collar to the side.

His lips pressed against my hot skin. "If you don't stop, we won't get this business deal," I said, breathing a little heavier.

"Who the fuck cares," he replied before biting at my skin, making me jump.

"I care!" I said, quickly batting him away.

Erik's eyes watched me. "I think we're going to have to rethink your position within the workplace, even looking at you makes me want to rip your clothes off, co workers be damned" he said firmly.

"Well, we can always call whatever this is quits" I replied, knowing full well my job came first.

"I wouldn't allow that, I'd have to die first," Erik replied, annoyed and firm.

A knock sounded at the door, and I shushed Erik, straightening my clothes. Once I got a nod from Erik, I pulled open the door.

Erik sat down as a young good looking man walked into the office. "Good day, Mr Rycroft" the man said politely.

"Mr Kieran Smithers, it's good to see you again," Erik said, standing up and offering his hand.

They shook hands while I stood patiently by the door. "As the company understands it, you've made quite the investment with Fabian Tryelle, are you certain he will deliver?" Mr Smithers asked, sternly.

"I'm quite certain, Mr Fabian Tryelle sought me out, not the other way around.. if he wants results from my end of the deal, he needs to deliver," Erik said calmly.

His eyes flickered in my direction. "I plan on staying through the week to get the feel of the workplace and perhaps talk to some of your employees, make an assessment on your position as CEO, I hope you do not mind," Mr Smithers said, professionally.

"Be my guest," Erik said, rather coldly.

"Excellent, I believe this is your personal secretary?" Smithers asked, finally noting my existence.

I straightened and nodded my head. "Good, you will be first, for now I am tired, had quite the flight, if you'll excuse me" Smithers said, standing up.

"No, of course, see you here bright and early tomorrow," Erik said, once again shaking hands with the man.

Smithers bowed his head in my direction before walking out. Erik stayed standing, placing his fingertips on the desk, he breathed out 

"We're doomed" he said calmly.

A/N

Hmm I wonder if Aviana has the talent to charm our new Mr Kieran Smithers.
He will play a major part in Erik's uprise or downfall..

We shall never know muahahahaha.. I mean we will eventually.

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Lots of love, tavana xoxoxo