Chapter Ten

Enjoy, lovely peeps!

Also, this chapter is shorter than usual.

| | | |

Chapter Ten

Ketchup Isn't That Red.

Luke

I listen to Anna as she sings some song that I've probably never heard of before, her smile lighting up her whole face. She looks like a child on Christmas day, so innocent, yet so excited. I'm guessing singing meant that much to her and I'm not surprised, with that voice, yeah no shit, it means so much.

I watch as her eyes dart to Alex, before they dart to me. Her dark eyes staring intently in mine. I let out a puff of smoke from between my lips after taking a drag from the cigarette between my fingers.

I send her a questioning look and she sends me one back. I feel a smirk tugging on my lips and she rolls her eyes with a small smile. She continues singing until she makes it to the last verse of the song.

"Find someone new
Somebody who will love me the way you loved you
Can't you tell I'll be okay?
This is how a heart unbreaks"

| | | |

"No, you idiot, that's ketchup," Zach argues.

"Ketchup isn't that red!" Alex exclaims.

I roll my eyes, "It's either you eat or shut up. Pick one."

"You're so mean, man," Alex mumbles.

I sigh and stand up, "I'm glad Jennie and her friends left. I'm not going to deal with you too."

"Don't compare me to that witch," he glares at me.

"You mispronounced bitch," Zach says.

I decide it's best to walk away now, because I'm not in the mood to get in the same childish argument with him right now. I head over to the bathroom and I'm about to walk inside in the men's room when someone bumps in my back.

"Ow, my forehead," I hear an all too familiar soft voice and I turn around.

"Cherries," I acknowledge her.

"Luke," she squeaks out, almost surprised. That is the first time she calls me by my name and I just can't help, but love how it rolls on her tongue.

"So, is that how you we're going to communicate from now on?" I joke, referring to her bumping into me.

"Nope, I'm just clumsy," she chuckles, awkwardly.

No lie there.

"That's obvious," I reply.

"I see Jennie isn't with you tonight," she says.

"Yeah. No, she was actually here, but she left."

"Yo, Luke," Zach yells and he approaches me, throwing an arm around my shoulder, then he notices Cherries. "Hey, Leni."

"Hey, Zach," she smiles.

How the hell does her smile manage to light up her whole face?

"Loved your performance," he grins.

"Thank you," she replies.

"Annalyn Adora Falls, where the bloody hell were you this entire time?" I hear a female voice with a Scottish accent shouting. Zach and I turn our heads to find Colette approaching us.

"Hi, there," she sends us a smile.

"I told you I was going to the bathroom," Cherries replies.