Chapter Thirty Eight

How To Deal With A Seal.

Anna

Five days. Two hours. Fifty four seconds.

It has been five days since Luke and I stopped talking. I'm not going to say that those five days were the worst, because they weren't. Other than me ignoring Luke and him doing the same thing, the week went pretty great. Zach and Alex sat with us through the entire week in lunch.

Sometimes Luke would want to sit with the guys and I had to pretend like he wasn't here. The closest contact that we ever had is when Sophie took Luke's opinion in something and he claimed otherwise, then she took my opinion in that same thing and I had to agree with Luke. If this isn't progress, then I don't know what is.

"You are really failing me right now, TV," I mutter as I switch channels.

"No."

"Nope."

"Just watched it."

"Too long."

"Too short."

"No–wait, what the heck is that?"

"I don't care."

"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Spongebob Squarepants!
Absorbent, yellow and porous is he
Spongebob Squarepants!"

"Well, I have no choice," I throw the remote on the end of the couch, then it takes me three seconds to realize what I just did and I groan.

I try using my flexibility powers and my long legs to get the remote with my feet. I stick my tongue out of the corner of my mouth as I slowly lift the remote with my feet, then I throw the remote in the air and I catch it with my hands.

"Yes," I smile in victory.

*Ding-dong*

I let out another groan in frustration before I flip around and I land on the floor. "Flipping ow," I grimace before I push myself and jump up. I drag myself to the front door.

I pull it open and Cora stands on the other side with a wide smile on her face and I squeal in excitement. "Cora!"

"Lyn!" She throws her arms up. I wrap my arms around her and she hugs me back. "I missed you so much!" She exclaims, once she pulls away.

"I missed you too," I smile, then I step aside to let her in,

"How are you?" I ask her.

"Good, but it's all been so stressing, dude," she sighs. "The classes. The baseball team. Working at the hospital. It's so overwhelming."

"You're a strong person, Cee. You can do it," I smile at her encouragingly.

"Thanks, Lyn," she pulls me in a small hug.

"Ah shit, you're here," Cole's voice comes from behind us. Cora and I pull away to find him standing by the stairs.

"That is no way to treat your girlfriend, jerk," she crosses her arms.

"Sorry, baby," he apologizes and he walks over to us, then he kisses her cheek and I internally aw.

"Apology accepted," Cora grins sincerely and Cole smiles, then Cora drops her grin and narrows her eyes. "For now."

"I'm leaving," Cole salutes before he runs back upstairs.

"You can run, but you can't hide, Falls!" She yells after him.