Chapter Forty Three

Trigger warning: there's mention of rape here, not detailed, but there's the mention of it.

| | | |

Chapter Forty Three

Confessions and Apologies.

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why they call it the present," The turtle character's voice from Kung-Fu Panda sounds from the TV.

"You're the real dude, Oogway," Anna comments as she watches the movie and throws a popcorn in her mouth.

"Hey, sweetie. Have you seen my phone charger?" Anne asks her daughter, frantically looking around and searching for her charger as she stuffs her phone and the rest of her things in her bag.

"You always put it in your drawer after you're done charging your phone, mum," her daughter reminds her.

"Right," Anne answers, slapping her forehead lightly. "Can you get it for me, Annalyn? I'm in hurry and I need to leave for work."

"Yeah, sure." Anna swings her legs off of the couch and rushes upstairs to get her mom's charger.

She walks down the hallway, just as Josh exits his room, dressed up properly. That's a bit unusual for Josh. Most of the times, he's in his football gear or in a shirt and a pair of shorts, even if he was going out somewhere.

Frankly, the whole family doesn't care about how they look whenever they're going out. Anne told Anna that she went to college in pajama pants once, however the girls like to put more effort in how they look for any important event or whenever they feel like it.

"Who is she?" Anna asks, raising an eyebrow teasingly.

"What?" Josh frowns in confusion, then he looks down at his attire and he realizes what his sister is talking about. "It's not a she."

"You're gay?" Anna's eyes widen, then she places her hand on her chest. "And you didn't tell me?"

"No, Anna," Josh chuckles. "I have this football formal party thing and I'm going to it."

"Isn't Cole supposed to be with you?" She questions.

"Yeah, but the asshole left me, so I have to go on my own," he rolls his eyes at his twin brother's antics.

"Oh," Anna laughs. "Well, have fun and try not to do something stupid."

"You should listen to your own advice sometimes," Josh smirks at her.

She narrows her dark brown eyes at him. "You should leave before I hit you."

"Okay, okay," he puts his hands up in defense. "Bye, Lyn." He ruffles his sister's hair.

Anna glares at him as she smooths down her waves. "Bye, jerk."

He barks out a laugh as he goes downstairs, giving his mother a kiss on the cheek and a goodbye before he exits the house, letting the door close behind him, so he wouldn't let any cold air escape in.

Anna continues her walk to her parents' room and she opens the door, peeking inside the dark room before walking fully inside and turning the lights on, only to be awed by her parents' room. Just like any parent, Anne and Sebastian, Anna's father, don't like their kids to go swooping in their room, so they keep the door closed, unless they ask them to go get something from it.

"When did they redecorate this place?" Anna asks herself as she looks around the room with black walls. There is a dark purple queen-sized bed pressed up against the wall with a dresser on both sides of the bed, then Anna's eyes trail to the right side of the room and she finds a gigantic walk-in closet with a cushioned seat in the middle of it.